Higher Education Researcher: Higher Education Sustainability Review
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
Hanoi, VietnamApply here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3529 About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract.?The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
USAID/Vietnam has asked SI to conduct a sustainability review of a USAID-funded higher education activity The purpose of the sustainability review is to determine, in collaboration with stakeholders, if the university-industry partnerships under the activity are sustainable and what can be done to increase sustainability of these interventions over the final years of the activity.
**Please Note: Candidates can be international or Vietnamese. International candidates will likely need to work remotely.**
Roles & Responsibilities
SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Higher Education Researcher for this review. This position will support the Team Leader in the sustainability review and to complete all deliverables. The Higher Education Researcher will participate in consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to better understand the scope and objectives. The researcher will contribute to the research design, conduct desk review, direct data collection (Key Informant Interviews & Focus Groups) and compilation, conduct data analysis, provide technical inputs, and support the drafting and completion of a final report. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the team will deliver a workshop to present final reports and recommendations for communication strategy.
The Higher Education Researcher will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Contribute to research design and methodological approaches
- Support consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to understand their objectives, perspectives on the research questions, develop joint priorities/partnership, and engage in utilization of research results
- Conduct desk review
- Conduct qualitative interviews and focus group discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Analyze data, support report writing, and revise the report based on stakeholder comments
- Present study findings and recommendations to USAID/Vietnam and other stakeholders
- Support report finalization
Level of Effort (LOE): Approximately 20 days.
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: From start date until June 30, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in social development, education, social sciences, public policy or related field
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in higher education and private sector engagement in Vietnam
- Experience conducting program evaluations or research
- Strong demonstrated experience conducting qualitative data collection and analysis
- Fluency in Vietnamese and in-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Vietnam required
- High degree of fluency in English required.
The closing date for application: March 01, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children