JOB TITLE: HIV Programs Manager
Location: Ha Noi
Full-time position: 100% FTE
Duration of contract: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds).
Travel requirements: Travel for knowledge sharing and training to Ho Chi Minh City and intervention provinces (Hai Phong and Thai Nguyen).
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. In addition, IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities. IRD VN was founded as part of the Interactive Research and Development (IRD) network, a network of global health research and service delivery companies. IRD’s pioneering work in areas where global health, behavioral economics and information technology converge have provided an exciting impetus for growth. IRD’s teams support and operate global health research and delivery programs in Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malawi, Nepal, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uganda, South Africa, Timor Leste, United Arab Emirates, Viet Nam and Zimbabwe.
In collaboration with UCSF, IRD VN is helping to provide technical assistance for the rollout of HIV recency testing in four focus provinces (Hai Phong, Thai Nguyen, Can Tho, Long An) of Viet Nam. We will support the inclusion of a recent infection testing algorithm (RITA) into select HIV testing sites in the country. All persons attending HIV testing who test HIV positive for the first time will be offered the HIV recency test. A sample of blood will be sent to regional labs for viral load testing to complete the recent infection algorithm. IRD VN will provide technical assistance to implementing partners who are rolling out the activity. The main role of IRD VN will be data analysis and use activities, data and continuous quality improvement activities, and monitoring of recency testing implementation.
We are searching for a highly qualified, experienced and motivated HIV Programs Manager who is detail oriented and an excellent communicator. This person needs to plan and work ahead, while maintaining strong relationships with coworkers, donors and government staff. The HIV Programs Manager will be responsible for coordinating work across all four cities of the project and ensuring its success. In the medium-term, the HIV Programs Manager will assist IRD VN in mobilizing new sources of funding and building a strong HIV department within the organization.
For more information about IRD, please visit www.ird.global
- Develop and supervise the adherence to project standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Routinely communicate with, and mentor the HIV regional coordinators
- Produce job aids for staff
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance to strategic partners (VAAC, other US CDC partner, provincial CDC/PAC)
- Coordinate with regional coordinators and HIV PPM Officers to plan training sessions
- Conduct trainings sessions and provide on-the-job training for IRD VN staff
- Manage supplies of testing kits and consumables
- Develop materials to recruit private providers who are treating people living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Ensure proper transportation of samples for viral load testing to regional laboratories
- Ensure recruitment of private providers (PPs) who are treating PLHIV
- Supervise the management of project contracts with PPs
- Visit private providers who are treating PLHIV and understand their concerns with participating in the project
- Share experiences of project implementation between districts
- Trouble-shoot problems with field implementation
- Track project deliverables and ensure all are developed and submitted on time
- Ensure patient confidentiality at all times
- Assist IRD VN’s M&E team to develop dashboards and standardized data outputs
- Develop quality control (QC) and quality assessment (QA) documents
- Conduct monitoring visits to ensure QC and QA in the four provinces providing recency testing
- Share and explain data summaries developed by the M&E team with National, Provincial or District level authorities
- Support workshops to conduct a data use needs assessment with provincial, district and community-level stakeholders
- Prepare plans and obtain approvals from relevant government authorities
- Meet with Provincial-, District-, and Ward-level health staff to discuss implementation of the project
- Liaise with government officials to ensure the smooth implementation of the project
- Plan and host quarterly progress updates with government officials
- Ensure complete capture of recency testing data
- Support the compilation of project data from districts and provinces; and relay to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team
- Monitor recruitment of private providers
- Troubleshoot data quality issues in the field
- Communicate any issues discovered during field visits to management in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed notes and documentation on project activities
- Develop and submit field-visit reports for every monitoring trip taken
- Complete monthly reporting requirements for IRD VN
- Draft and review quarterly narrative reports in English and other project for UCSF
- Attend meetings with the donor and report on progress to targets
- Coordinate with Finance & Accounting (F&A) department and administration to monitor project budgets and prepare finance reports based on generally accepted accounting principles, IRD VN guidelines and donor requirements
- Meet quarterly and annual reporting deadlines.
- Ensure effective, timely responses to key stakeholder inquiries and concerns;
- Provide regular status update to supervisors and other key project stakeholders;
- Attend periodic meetings to report project progress;
- Communicate with IRD VN Directors and Managers about procurement needs;
- Facilitate and accompany, if possible, project site visits by external parties;
- Assist in all aspects of the implementation of the interventions of the grant;
- Other activities requested by IRD VN Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or management is required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience required
- Extensive experience engaging with government agencies
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience for HIV required
- Health-related work experience is strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, independent working style
- Experience with personnel management
- Experience with working in collaboration with government health officials is required
- Able to independently write reports and create presentations
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English (both written and verbal) is required
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org
- Subject: ‘Application for HIV Programs Manager’
- No later than 31 January 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
IRD VN is an equal opportunity employer.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi