JOB TITLE: HIV Programs M&E Officer
Location: Ha Noi Employment Type: Local, Full-time (100% FTE) Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds) Travel requirements: 20% travel time to other provinces to provide technical assistance.
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise in Viet Nam. IRD VN is a young, dynamic and growing organization. Though we started in 2016, we now have over 30 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in closer collaboration with the Vietnam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.
In collaboration with CDC/Vietnam and UCSF, IRD VN is focusing on strengthening the HIV program in Vietnam through improved data-driven decision-making and stronger public and private health system linkages. The project is designed with two objectives: (i) Improve data use at province- and district-level HIV facilities; (ii) Strengthen linkages between public and private healthcare sectors. Project is deployed in Thai Nguyen, Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Binh Duong, Long An and Ho Chi Minh city.
We are searching for a highly personable and motivated HIV Programs M&E Officer who is detail- and numbers-oriented. This staff need to be diligent and responsible while maintaining strong relationships with coworkers, donors and government staff. They need to have a strong understanding of HIV program implementation and the operations of the HIV/AIDS department of the Provincial CDC/Provincial AIDS Committee in the region where they work.
For more information about IRD, please visit www.ird.global
The HIV Programs M&E Officer will collect, validate, analyze and report data to facilitate service delivery, research and donor relations and they will report to HIV Programs Manager based in Ha Noi, as well as a cross-cutting M&E team based in Ho Chi Minh City.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Coordinate data collection with a diverse field team directly employed by IRD VN and the government of Viet Nam (GVN)
- Assist training new field staff on data systems and study SOPs
- Provide technical assistance for HIV testing and counseling and HIV treatment sites to improve the quality of data and the use of data to enhance performance
- Conduct a mapping exercise of private providers in delivering HIV testing and treatment services
- Conduct (re)trainings for health workers on use of the mHealth app and our data systems
- Support the field team and project management to implement field activities
- Develop and update codebooks for electronic data collection tools
- Conduct field work to understand use of our data systems and to suggest system upgrades
- Verify and clean data collected by the field team in real time (database management)
- Develop the logic and templates for routine reports so health workers can self-direct their work
- Analyze data and make presentations for team members to facilitate data-driven programming
- Develop data visualization dashboards
- Support calculation and verification of performance-based incentives
- Supervise collection of HIV treatment linkage data from government health facilities
- Support collection and verification of private-sector HIV treatment data
- Analyze program data for quarterly donor reporting
- Ensure Data quality assurance activities
- Facilitate operational research studies
- Occasionally enter paper-based data into our electronic databases
- Other activities requested by IRD VN management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Detail oriented with exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting; work well with all project staff, GVN counterparts and other partners
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in M&E on health programs or health research, particularly for HIV
- Proficient in a statistical software package (STATA, R, SPSS, or SAS)
- Familiarity with the national HIV reporting standards, e.g., Circular 03, reporting systems, e.g., HIV INFO, PEPFAR MER indicators and/or Global Fund indicators preferred
- Familiarity with National HIV treatment guidelines, HIV care infrastructure as well as donor landscape and they're implementing partners is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, preventive medicine epidemiology, biostatistics/statistics, economics or related fields and at least one year of relevant work experience are required
- A Master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics/statistics, economics or related discipline may substitute for the one year of work experience
- Knowledge of English would be an asset, but is not a requirement
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience with M&E and HIV data in their CV and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject ‘HIV Programs M&E Officer Application’
- No later than 15 April 2021
Compensation and the final position grade will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted and interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
IRD VN is an equal opportunity employer.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)