JOB TITLE: HIV Programs Support Officer
- Location: Ha Noi
- Employment Type: Local, Full Time (100% FTE)
- Travel requirements: Travel throughout the province where located (Hanoi); infrequent travel for knowledge sharing and training within Viet Nam.
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise in Viet Nam. IRD VN is a young, dynamic and growing organization. Though we started in 2016, we now have over 30 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. IRD VN works in close collaboration with the Vietnam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.
In collaboration with US CDC, IRD VN is helping promote progress towards sustained HIV epidemic control by bridging current gaps in private sector engagement, linking Viet Nam’s HIV and public health system, and infusing a Clinical Business Intelligence (CBI) approach with HIV program stakeholders. The project objectives have been designed in alignment with key requirements for HIV program services as well as cross-program areas (CPA) including Strategic Information (SI) and TB/HIV in seven focus provinces (Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Thai Nguyen, Ho Chi Minh, Binh Duong, Long An) of Viet Nam. We will catalyze the expansion of client access and uptake to high-quality HIV services in private and community care settings through a Private Provider & Community Support Agency model.
We are searching for one highly personable and motivated HIV Programs Support Officer in Ha Noi to provide support to HIV program staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and program duties. The candidate will ideally be a young professional interested in a career in public health and must be capable of communicating in fluent English and Vietnamese in order to facilitate translation for non-Vietnamese staff. The individual must develop a working knowledge of IRD VN and ECLIPSE project policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures. The individual is expected to become familiar with HIV ECLIPSE work package technical programs.
For more information about IRD VN, please visit www.ird.vn
II. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Translations/ Administrative Tasks:
- Maintain record and patient confidentiality;
- Translate program documents from Vietnamese to English and/or English to Vietnamese;
- Complete live translations of conversations into English for non-Vietnamese staff/ and or Vietnamese for non-English speaking staff
- Support customs clearance of assets & materials;
- Complete executive assistant tasks for HIV managers including 1 expat and 1 Project Director;
- Scan and file administrative documents;
- Assist with supply procurement and inventory management;
- Coordinate events for HIV team in Hanoi, Hai Phong, and Thai Nguyen
- Coordinate and organize team member official travel
- Other similar tasks as needed.
Program Assistance Tasks:
- Provide non-routine programmme support to the programme team, such as HIV self-test hot spot mapping, PPM mapping and outreach, and demand creation activities
- Assists HIV progam staff in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence such as project authorization documents
- Writes minutes/ notes for regular internal team meetings and external meetings as needed; coordinates meeting preparations
- Assists with project management as needed, such as maintaining or providing assistance with administrative and financial tracking systems
- Maintains program files
- Other duties as assigned
III. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus on English language or social sciences preferred
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexibility across a range of field- and office-related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented, attention to detail and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Can rank tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and can handle several tasks simultaneously
- Personal Qualities:
- Highly proactive approach to work
- Tactful and discreet
- Friendly and adaptable when interacting with people
- Professional approach to HR
IV. APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- An up-to-date, detailed Curriculum Vitae in English
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
V. SEND AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to email@example.com
- Subject: “Application for HIV Program Support Officer in Hanoi”
- Deadline: 15 August, 2022
Compensation and the final position grade will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted and interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
IRD VN is an equal opportunity employer.
19/08/2022Trung tâm Bảo tồn Thiên nhiên Việt
16/08/2022United Nations Vietnam
26/08/2022Consulate General of Canada
22/08/2022GIZ Energy Support Programme
22/08/2022British Embassy Hanoi