Job: Home Provider Trainer
Project : “Investing in Early Childhood Development to fight poverty and inequality”
Planète Enfants & Développement (PE&D) is a French NGO that implements projects centred on children, their family and community, with a special focus on women and girls. PE&D is today recognized for its experience in the field of early childhood as well as maternal and child health, social work, protection against violence, vocational training and education. Present in Vietnam since 1992, PE&D has been implementing for more than 15 years education projects for ethnic minority groups in North Vietnam and then moved to the South in 2011 to work on urban poverty issues in HCMC. Projects run from private and public funding sources (specifically the European Union and the French Government Development Agency - AFD).
“Investing in Early Childhood Development to fight poverty and inequality”
5 days/week – work at weekends/evenings every 2 weeks with compensation leaves accordingly
The Home Provider Trainer completes the PSEA on sexual exploitation.
The Home Provider Trainer ensures compliance at all times with the International Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The Home Provider Trainer always acts in the best interests of children and their families.
The Home Provider Trainer will have to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the information provided by beneficiaries.
The Home Provider Trainer respects closely the method and procedures of the project.
The Home Provider Trainer complies with internal regulations of the organization.
The Home Provider Trainer is responsible for assessing needs and providing training on best practices in early care and education to child care home providers and for mentoring home providers through onsite support. The Home Provider Trainer will also work cooperatively with the PE&D team in other areas to improve the care and education of vulnerable young children and their families.
The Home Provider Trainer will work directly with local partners, in particular HACRP, local authorities such as DOLISA and DOET, and project beneficiaries under the supervision of the project manager.
The Home Provider Trainer main responsibilities are :
- Work as a team member with PE&D staff to assess the needs of home providers.
- Lead training sessions on best practices for the care and education of young with small groups every other Sunday.
- Individualize training materials to best meet the needs of home providers.
- Assess response to training and make adjustments as needed.
- Assess the quality of home child cares to identify needs and develop plans of support.
- Visit each home provider in the training groups at least once every two weeks to provide onsite support and individualized assistance.
- Maintain contact with home providers in the groups to provide support as needed and requested.
- Work cooperatively with the online learning manager to add materials to the website and respond to home provider comments and questions.
- Leverage engagement so learners will actively participate in group sessions and online learning community. Seek to increase exchange and dialogue if participation is low.
- Manage day to day recordkeeping and reports of the home provider training project.
- Organise training sessions with parents beneficiaries of the project 2 times per month
- Keep up to date on current knowledge and best practices in the fields of child development and early education.
- Attend training sessions or conferences that will expand knowledge and skills.
- Work cooperatively with the PE&D team in completing other duties as assigned.
College degree or certificate in early education or child development preferred
At least two years working with young children
Knowledge of best practices in care and education of young children
Excellent communication skills
Experience supervising or teaching adults
Strong work ethic with demonstrated collaborative and coordinative skills Willingness and desire to expand professional knowledge
Ability to work evenings or weekend day
Computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint...)
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
For more details please check the link: ENGLISH VIETNAMESE