✍️ About CRS
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with Government, Civil Society and Communities, CRS implements programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation; Disabilities; Mine Risk Education and Landmine Survivors’ Assistance.
✍️ Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to join our Country Program.
- Job title: Homes & Communities (Shelter) Technical Advisor I
- Department: Disaster Risk Reduction Program
- Job band: 9
- Reports to: Disaster Risk Reduction Program Manager II
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
I. Job Summary:
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Homes & Communities (shelter) in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program Quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Homes & Communities programming is across the globe.
II. Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Support the development and contribute to the implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools and best practices in Homes & Communities that effectively engage partners, donors, and governments. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and disaster risk reduction.
Provide technical solutions to CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools and M&E, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the development of the technical design for proposals.
Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals. As needed, act as a technical writer on proposal development teams.
Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
Develop guidelines and support capacity strengthening initiatives in Homes & Communities programming for staff and partner through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for specific projects to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the Homes & Communities learning agenda.
Contribute to maintaining relationships with donors, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of Homes & Communities to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
Ensure there is a shared understanding of the Homes and Communities Strategic Platform 2 (H&C SP2) among team members.
Develop the influence hypothesis or path that will lead to the accomplishing the scaling vision that the Country Program has set for Homes and Communities, including the development of influence competencies among team members, empowering them to identify influence opportunities.
Together with H&C SP2 global leads identify regional and global fora to disseminate valuable knowledge generated by CP
✍️ Basic Qualifications
- Master’s degree’s in civil engineering, international/community development, DRR/CCA, or related areas required and owns experience in construction projects with a minimum of three (3) years of which in construction supervisory capacity. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in Homes & Communities with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two to three years of working for programming interventions in multiple countries.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Homes & Communities. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
✍️ Required Languages - Fluent Vietnamese (spoken and written), Strong English (spoken and written)
✍️ Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 40%.
✍️ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
✍️ Preferred Qualifications
- Project management experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Response and Climate Change Adaptation is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web
- Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Country Manager, Country Representative, Head of Programs, PMII, PMI, MEAL Manager, Operation and Finance staff, DRR staff, DRR, EM&CCA technical advisors at HQ and regional office, Homes & Communities TA at HQ
- External: Local partners, donors, other peer organizations.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
✍️ Application requirements
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com
Applications in English should include:
- i) Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- ii) Application Letter
- iii) Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 3 rd April 2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT