Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
|Position Title:||HR Assistant|
|Duty Station:||Ha Noi, Viet Nam|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||5:00 PM, June 21, 2021|
|Reference Code:||VN2021/HN/06 (E)|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, Internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded will not retain contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.|
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Viet Nam and direct supervision of the National Resources Management Officer (NRMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the human resources in Mission-Office in Ha Noi.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates’ assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate prompt actions and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; monitor, maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Carry-out a wide range of Human Resources actions, including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases, etc. and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- Organize Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
- Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Function as assistant to the CoM: facilitate all official appointments, travel arrangements, coordinate meetings/visits and correspondence with counterparts; assist with protocols including request for/extension of residence permit, diplomatic ID …
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Good listener and be able to communicate the needs and expectations of both the organization and its employees.
- Be able to maintain constant interaction with all personnel.
- Be able to maintain a positive demeanor even in difficult situations.
- Skills to deal with confidential information.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Knowledge on gender mainstreaming, especially with in cross-cutting issues with migration.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
Working knowledge of any IOM official languages is an advantage.
Required Competencies (*):
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
(*) Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia