OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe Department of Human Resources and Talent Management (HRT) is responsible for providing a sound, well managed, responsive and efficient organization-wide Human Resources Management strategy and global HR advisory services which support the work of WHO and its member states, encompassing, but not limited to: HR Policy Coordination and Development, Talent Acquisition and Management, Organizational Design and Job Classification, HR Business Partnering, application of the UN Common system's Compensation and Benefits, Administration of Internal Justice, Global Staff/Management relations, representation of WHO in inter-agency UN Common System HR initiatives.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe position contributes to the integrity of HR processes across the Division by ensuring that a comprehensive array of HR services and activities are carried out in all the departments on a timely basis, fully compliant with rules and regulations of the Organization, and in adherence to the policies and procedures. The assigned list of duties - not necessarily limited to the ones listed below cover a range of responsibilities required at the Division level and may vary depending on individual Division needs. As the divisional focal point for HR matters, the incumbent will have the following assigned duties:
Contract and entitlements management:• Acts as the primary focal point and provides briefings and advice to staff and non-staff (consultants and interns) at all levels on WHO rules and regulations, employment conditions, entitlements, and standard operating procedures. • Briefs new and departing staff on on-boarding and separation processes and related entitlements to ensure smooth and timely implementation of associated actions. • Acts as a focal point for staff and liaises closely with colleagues in the Global Service Center (GSC) on contractual and payroll matters. • Acts as the primary focal point for queries from staff and managers regarding employee and management self-service functions in the Global Management System (GSM). • Acts as the primary focal point for queries from leave administrators within the division on all matters related to leave and absence recording and management.
HR monitoring, compliance, reporting and initiation:• Monitors to ensure timely initiation of actions and compliance with WHO rules and regulations, of contract extensions, probationary periods, conversion of appointments, retirements, acting arrangements, WIGIs and maximum duration of contracts. • Initiates and drafts correspondence related to various HR actions (waivers, acting arrangements, exceptions, lateral transfers, etc.) and initiates GSM transactions following consultation with the manager and HRBP. • Monitors performance management compliance and liaise with managers to ensure timely completion of reports. • Monitors leave and absence in close consultation with the designated leave administrators within the division. • Conduct first level analysis and review of requests for hiring of consultants and interns to ensure completeness and compliance of submissions with HR policies and escalate as needed. • Prepare regular HR reports and statistics as needed.
HR planning:• In close consultation with the HRBP, provides support to the divisional HR planning exercise by providing updated reports of the workforce and status of vacant positions and maintains these reports regularly updated. • Ensures compliance with the usage of standardized post descriptions by entering the appropriate post descriptions in GSM and escalating to the HRBP any deviations. • Monitors the implementation of the divisional HR plans and initiates requests for advertisement and hiring, ensuring also that the associated actions in GSM are initiated. • In close collaboration with the Budget and Finance Associate manages the establishment (adding of positions) and maintenance (updating position parameters) of the HR Plan in GSM ensuring GSM reflects the approved HR plans for the division. • Supports restructuring/re-profiling and other review exercises by providing analysis, reports, data and organigrams as needed.
Selection and Recruitment processes:• When required supports the timely organization of selection and recruitment processes to ensure the efficiency of the selection and recruitment processes.
Emergency response operations:• Initiate HR Actions under emergency procedures, and liaise with HRT, Regional and Country Offices to ensure quick action in emergency response activities, including timely submission of Travel Requests, Evacuations, and deployment of staff. • Perform all other related duties as assigned and backstop the respective HR Business Partner and other Division HR Business Associates when absent to ensure continued services.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school or its equivalent.
- Desirable: Training in the specialized areas of HR.
- Essential: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in human resources and/or administrative positions, with progressive responsibility, of which a minimum of 3 years' experience in support of at least two human resources functions. Proven experience in the use of WHO's Global Management System (GSM) or another oracle-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, SAP or other similar systems.
- Desirable: Experience working in WHO or another UN Agency, preferably in the area of Human Resources Management.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in two or more specialized areas of Human Resources with the ability to produce and analyze data and recommend appropriate actions.
- Sound knowledge in HR policy related to the administration of entitlements and benefits and employment conditions.
- Ability to detect shortcomings and anomalies and recommend remedial actions in line with WHO's Staff Regulations and Staff Rules and the eManual.
- Sound judgment, integrity, respectful and exemplary behavior and service orientation.
- Adherence to confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
- Good communication (written and oral) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge of the WHO or UN administrative rules, regulations and policies.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications, with advanced level of Excel.
- Demonstrated IT skills and its application using HR software, in particular an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) based on Oracle, SAP or similar platforms, E-recruitment systems (such as Stellis/Taleo and/or other HR related databases.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of French. The above language requirements are interchangeable
- Desirable: Beginners knowledge of WHO language.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EUR 45,888 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)