- Location: Ha Noi
- Employment type: Local, full time (100% FTE)
- Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
This position will work for two sister-organizations who have registration in Viet Nam: Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) the Center for Development of Community Health Initiatives (CHI).
FIT VN is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has over 50 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City.
CHI is a locally registered research institution established according to Decision No 1074/QĐ-LHHVH under Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). The main activities of CHI focus on implementation of research by conducting pilot studies, operational research and clinical trials. CHI also conducts projects and development initiatives in the field of public health. The organization is currently collaborating with IRD VN and FIT VN to implement the Erase TB project funded by USAID. CHI’s role within this grant is to provide tiered packages of social support to vulnerable TB patients, including cash transfers, transport vouchers, Social Health Insurance enrollment and TB treatment adherence counselling. CHI then monitors this work by conducting research on TB treatment outcomes, catastrophic cost incurrence, quality of life and the impact of stigma on TB patients. Additionally, CHI is a sub-grantee the CDC Foundation and provides provides social support for MDR-TB patients while evaluating the impact of this support.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated HR Officer to assist in providing the staff of FIT and its affiliate entities with high quality HR support.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follow up with full recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly
- Post job openings on recruitment sites and social networks
- Screen applications and coordinate data/writing tests with selected/shortlisted candidates
- Schedule calls and interviews
- Provide guidance to candidates throughout the recruitment process and send out confirmations of receipt for applications and rejection emails
- Conduct reference checks and draft documents for job offers
- Coordinate with related departments to prepare onboarding and implement training orientations for newcomers
- Maintain a recruitment database to reflect up-to-date and accurate information
- Support to track online timesheets and leaves, providing guidance about the system for staff
- Perform employee performance reviews
- Responsibe for enrollments of health insurance and other relevant statutory insurances
- Update and administer employee records and contract database with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Keep staff photo directory and organizational chart up to date;
- Register tax codes for new employees and dependents
- Prepare labor reports and other documents if required
- Support the photocopying & scanning of documents for the administration department;
- Other tasks required by HR officers and the management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or any related discipline
- Previous HR experience working in NGOs, especially health organizations, is a plus, but not mandatory. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Advanced written and spoken English- able to converse with native English speakers easily
- Willing to learn new things and be creative
- Possessing a customer service attitude
- Strong communication, time management and organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a supportive team
- Proficient with MS Office
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information of two references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
SEND AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: “Application for HR Officer in Ha Noi”
- Deadline: 31 Aug 2022
Compensation and the final position grade will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted and interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
FIT & CHI is an equal opportunity employer.
USAID Learns - Social Impact
05/10/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact