Human Resources and Administration Intern
I. About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits. ©
II. Project Objective
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
III. Position Description
SI seeks to hire 01 full-time Human Resources (HR) and Administration Intern to the 12-month internship program at USAID-Learns starting July/August 2022. This position is based in Hanoi and will report to HR Specialist.
IV. Selection Criteria
- Recent university graduate (no more than 2 years ago)
- Keen interest in human resources, procurement, finance and administration work
- Keen interest in contributing to sustainable development goals
- Strong verbal and written English
- Strong organizational and computer skills including visualization, design; IT-support skill set is a plus
- Strong willingness to learn new skills/knowledge
- Able to pay close attention to details handle multiple tasks
V. Roles and Responsibilities
With the support and guidance of the team or publicly available resources, become familiar with all relevant (HR, Procurement, and Finance) USAID policy and requirements, the Intern will be expected to:
Human Resources and Recruitment
- Support in posting job advertisements for appropriate job boards and newspapers.
- Support in filling in CV tracker, setting up interviews, taking notes/consolidating the interview notes and scoring sheets, drafting the selection memo and consultant contracts.
- Assist with update the candidate documents on SI recruitment database, Taleo, and talent pool and trackers.
- Support in organizing Learns’ internal events
- Support in social/health/unemployment insurance with Social Authority and Trade Union with Vietnam General Confederation of Labour.
Procurement and Administration
- Support in maintaining suppliers and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Support with purchasing supplies, equipment, and services for USAID-Learns office.
- Support with event logistics including meeting room set up, travel, accommodation.
- Assist staff with IT equipment issues, call for repairs.
- Support accountant to follow up with related individuals and suppliers on obtaining payment supporting documents and make payment vouchers.
- Other tasks as assigned.
By the end of the assignment, Intern will obtain:
- Be familiar with USAID rules and regulations on HR, procurement and some finance policies
- Assume the roles and responsibilities of a HR/Procurement/Administration Assistant working under USAID-funded project.
VI. Terms of the internship
- Duration: up to 12 months
- Remuneration: A stipend of VND 11,600,000 per month
- Benefits: social and health insurance according to the local labor law, telephone allowance, Tet bonus, and paid leave and holiday according to the organization’s policy.
The closing date for application: July 24, 2022. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a motivation letter into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal. Applications without a motivation letter may not be considered.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN