The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the Cooperating Country National Personal Services Contractor (CCNPSC) position of Human Resources and Travel Assistant in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: USAID-2021-016
2. OPENING DATE: October 07, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE: November 06, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National (CCN)
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Supervisory Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at email@example.com; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Human Resources and Travel Assistant, 30000791
7. MARKET VALUE/BASE SALARY (per annum): US$ 16,364.00 – US$ 24,536.00 (FSN-08)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits and incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan (which will be $19,873 - $29,298 as detailed in section 14).
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term - five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of funds.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
USAID/Vietnam, 15th floor, Tung Shing Building, No. 2 Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The Human Resources (HR) and Travel Assistant is located in the Executive Office (EXO), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Mission Vietnam in Hanoi. The incumbent is one of the two HR and Travel Assistants who works under the supervision of the Supervisory Human Resources Specialist. In the role of HR Assistant, s/he performs a full range of Human Resources administrative support functions for all categories of Mission personnel, including U.S. Direct Hires (USDHs), U.S. Personal Service Contractors (USPSCs), Eligible Family Members (EFMs) and Cooperating Country National (CCN)/Personal Services Contractors (PSCs). Duties include providing assistance in position management and recruitment, transfer of incoming and outgoing employees, check-in/departure procedures, new employee orientation, cable drafting for American Officers, preparation of budgets, contracts and personnel actions, local social security system (LSSS) transaction management, support the Team Lead in the Merit-based compensation system (MBC) implementation, maintaining the Overseas Personnel System (OPS), staffing patterns, data call upon request, ensures the personnel files are up-to-date and archived in accordance with the agency regulations including Agency Secure Image and Storage Tracking System (ASIST). In the role of Travel Assistant, s/he serves as the primary USAID/Vietnam employee responsible for coordinating and arranging official and assignment travel and transportation and accommodations for Mission personnel, dependents and official visitors. The travel portion of duties includes travel and transportation support, customer service, problem resolution, visitor coordination and other administrative support functions. The total current Mission staff including USDHs, USPSCs, EFMs and CCNPSCs is 100 positions or more in the coming years.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of College/University degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or social science is required.
Prior Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in relevant position in general personnel administration including recruitment and/or compensation and benefit administration, employment relations, performance management, and travel management is required. At least two years of experience in an international organization and/or donor agency is required.
Language Proficiency: Must have:
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English (this will be tested).
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese.
Job Knowledge: The incumbent must have sound knowledge and understanding of procedures and regulations pertinent to the human resources management functions and concepts, including job evaluation/classification, position management, prevailing employment practices and customs, recruitment, compensation and benefits, and personal services contracting. Sound knowledge and understanding of procedures and regulations pertinent to official travel management is required. The incumbent must also have a potential to acquire knowledge of U.S. Government directives, systems and regulations; USAID programming policies, regulations, procedures and documentation. Sound knowledge of Vietnam’s local labor laws and local, regional and international travel is required.
Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must have an ability to obtain, analyze and evaluate a variety of data; organize and present information in concise written and oral format; conceptualize, exercise sound judgment, originate ideas and creative solutions; manage the budget and track records. Must have excellent interpersonal (leadership, communication, teamwork, customer services) skills. Have an ability to handle requests for tasks with patience, tact and diplomacy; and organize, and follow through on all assignments. S/he must be detail-oriented and able to work with a high degree of independence (perform responsibilities with minimal guidance), establishing priorities/handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, work well under time pressure, adhere to and meet established deadlines. Must have an ability to use proficiently MS office and Google applications, and demonstrated capability to acquire agency software and applications to perform the assigned works. S/he must be proactive, self-motivated and have strong work ethics.
13. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection process. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the required Job knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
- Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/Fail
- Language requirements: Pass/Fail
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for an interview
- Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC will consider the whole package of the applicant and the evaluation criteria, to ensure the best matching profile (relevant education, relevant experience working in donor or international development organizations, development partners, and in general experience with the HR functions,…).
HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement. https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2019-07-Updated-DS174.pdf
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Vacancy Announcement number in the submission.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
14. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
2. ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review for the whole Mission).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
15. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as under Merit-Based Compensation’s Performance Improvement Plan on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
- Applicants who fail to meet requirements for the position will be disqualified.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people regardless of to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital or parental status, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, political affiliation, involvement in protected EEO activity, or other non-merit factor. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Organisation Name: USAID
Application Deadline: Sat, 2021-11-06
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)