- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-24(S)
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Human Resources Assistant - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 05/26/2021 - 06/09/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0305 8
- Salary: USD $16,364
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will be under the direct supervision of the Supervisory HR Specialist. S/he will serve as the Mission expert on accreditation, visas, issues pertaining to temporary residence cards, diplomatic identification cards, and duty-free book. The incumbent will assist the Human Resources Officer and the Supervisory HR Specialist in managing the Mission wide diplomatic immunities and privileges and Vietnamese visa program for the State Department and U.S. Government Agencies in Vietnam; administer Mission Vietnam Health Insurance Plan for Locally Employed Staff; serve as Post primary coordinator for position classification issues with the Regional Classification Center in Bangkok; provide guidance to Mission employees including U.S. Direct Hire and LE staff supervisors about the Mission Classification (MClass) process; and assist with the performance evaluation process under the Merit Based Compensation (MBC) program. The responsibilities also include assisting the Management Counselor and the Human Resources Officer in other administrative projects, establishing and maintaining contacts from mid to high level, serving as the main official interface with the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (SRV) Ministries and Embassies abroad and foreign organizations offices in Vietnam on various issues under the position’s portfolio and perform other administrative and human resources functions.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or administrative functions is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have: - Thorough understanding of local Immigration Law and protocol regulations. - Thorough understanding of the health insurance plan and its provisions. - Detailed knowledge of local labor law, social insurance law as well as regulations relating to human resources. - Good working knowledge of the Vienna conventions on diplomatic relations 1961 and consular relations 1963.
- Education Requirements:
- College or University studies is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have/be able to:
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications i.e. word processing, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and other software.
- Ability to develop and maintain extensive range of appropriate mid to high level contacts in the host government and foreign offices.
- Work with minimum supervision and work as a team.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank