- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Open Period: 04/18/2023 - 05/02/2023
- Salary: USD $12,160
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Temporary position not to exceed six months.
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisory Human Resources (HR) Specialist, the incumbent will perform a wide variety of administrative duties to support the Mission’s Human Resources Program including establishing and updating official personnel files, receiving and screening all incoming and outgoing correspondence, compiling a variety of routine to complex documents, retiring all HR records and documentation, responding to internal and external inquiries which require general knowledge of HR procedures and policies, maintaining and updating the HR share point site, and coordinating with other sections to prepare logistics for HR events. The incumbent will assist with the pre-employment process as required. The incumbent will serve as HR timekeeper, provides backup support to other HR staff and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of progressively responsible experience in human resources is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have in-depth knowledge of local labor law, general office operations and procedural requirements pertaining to functions performed in an HR Office.Education Requirements: College or University studies are required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have/be able to:
- Perform computer operation with commonly used programs such as word processing, electronic calendaring systems, and basic accounting.
- Possess deep organizational skills with a focus on customer service.
- Communicate with both American Officers and Vietnamese staff in the U.S. Mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skills in operating office machines (scanner, photocopier, printer, fax, shredder, etc.).
- Good interpersonal skill.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits:Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 22 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of this page (https://bit.ly/43HZuM1). The complete position description and guidance on how to apply are available on the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/. You may also contact the Human Resources Office via HanoiHR@state.gov to obtain it.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Degree not Transcript
- Proof of Citizenship (Identity Card or Passport)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Copy of passport
- DD-214 - Member copy 4, Letter from Veterans' Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam.For More Info: HR Section
- Phone: 84-24-38505000/ Ext. 5136
- Mail address: HanoiHR@state.gov
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi