- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
- Position Title:
- Human Resources Clerk – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period:
- 09/18/2020 – 09/30/2020 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0305 6
- USD $12,160
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
Ho Chi Minh City, VM
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 8. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (90 days) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Under direct supervision of the Supervisory Human Resources (HR) Assistant, incumbent of this position performs a variety of administrative support to the Management/Human Resources Office including establishing and updating filing system, records and the HR intranet site; handling incoming and outgoing correspondence; handling general inquiries through phone/email; drafting various standard letters; translating, and other routine tasks. The incumbent assists the recruitment of interns/short term staff to include pre-employment processes; visa processes for temporary duty personnel and local staff official travel abroad. Incumbent is post main timekeeper and also acts as back-up to other HR Assistants.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least two years of experience in office administration or human resources is required.
KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of general office operations/clerical duties and procedural requirements pertaining to functions performed in an HR Office. Good knowledge on Vietnamese labor code and immigration law, Vietnam and other countries visa requirements.
- Education Requirements:
- EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required.
[please upload diploma or degree/transcript as verification of educational requirement]
- This may be tested.
Good Working Knowledge Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
Good Working Knowledge Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be proficient in using various software programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Power point, etc. Excellent customer service skills. Good interpersonal skill. Strong oral and written communication skills. Must have ability to translate/interpret English into Vietnamese and vice versa.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau. For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust / Background Investigation clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if you are not Vietnamese citizen)
- A proof of citizenship
- Passport copy
- Degree (not transcript)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion