Human Resources Officer
Job Posting: 07/Jun/2021
Closure Date: 29/Jun/2021, 4:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: RAP
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: Professional
Grade Level: P-4
Primary Location: Thailand-Bangkok
Duration: Fixed term: 2 years with possibility of extension
Post Number: 0252603
CCOG Code: 1A06
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with divisions and offices at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RAP also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAP develops and maintains relations with regionwide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
Under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General, Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific, the Human Resources Officer reports to the Chief, Administrative Services, and receives technical guidance from the Director, CSH.
Workforce planning, organizational design, outreach and talent acquisition, recruitment and selection, staff development, duty of care and staff well-being.
Comprehensive HR expertise for the planning and delivery of multidisciplinary HR programmes, products and services and development of related policies and specialized tools and systems.
• Leads projects and/or work teams, leads and/or participates in divisional teams, provides secretariat services and/or professional HR expertise on Organization-wide HR committees and working groups and represents FAO at interagency meetings;
• Plans and delivers HR programmes, products and services including related policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective recruitment, management, development and retirement of the FAO workforce;
• Analyses HR requirements, information, data, statistics, relativities, trends, problems, and/or issues to support service delivery, new HR initiatives, and the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
• Provides specialist HR advice and expertise to designated business partners on specific or complex cases, staff requirements, policy interpretation issues, labour relations issues and/or best practices, etc.;
• Manages special projects and provides guidance to consultants for the development and implementation of new HR products, tools and systems;
• Develops information, training materials and products to increase understanding of HR programmes, services and policies, promotes capacity development and facilitates the introduction of changes across the Organization;
• Provides information and assistance to management and staff to resolve problems and/or reach agreement on complex issues;
• Develops relevant performance criteria and indicators to evaluate HR programmes, products and services
• Develops, executes, monitors and assesses the implementation progress of the HR Strategic Plan in the region, including talent acquisition and management strategies, in line with the annual work plan;
• Guides and advises on a full range of human resources aspects, such as organizational design, in support of the Regional Office and Country Offices’ transformation, position management, talent management and succession planning;
• Leads the implementation of the skills mapping, staffing needs assessment, enabling the effective delivery of the work programme in the region;
• Coordinates and provides expert advice on the recruitment strategy, selection, job rotation, and appointments;
• Coordinates on-boarding, substantive briefing and training sessions for all personnel across the region;
• Enhances the overall customer satisfaction with the Unit’s services in the region and designs remedial measures and interventions together with the Human Resources Division (CSH) and the Shared Services Centre (SSC), to make human resources management more efficient and tailored to the rapidly evolving needs of the region;
• Coordinates the employee well-being, ethics, Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PSH) and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) programmes in the region;
• Oversees the development and execution of staff development activities and learning programmes, including the completion of mandatory e-learning courses;
• Ensures compliance with performance management requirements and effective performance management;
• Addresses informal disputes and conflicts, as and when necessary, in consultation with relevant offices at headquarters.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in human resources management, public or business administration, organizational development, industrial psychology, law or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration, including development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, organizational design, recruitment, job classification, staff development, and/or administrative law.
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues, assess risks, proactively formulate opinions based on data and analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations on HR management;
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources planning and management, including organizational design, job classification, recruitment and selection, staff development, development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures;
• Extent of knowledge, experience and ability to facilitate modernization of HR services and products, in line with the UN Reform Efficiency Agenda;
• Familiarity and experience with automated human resources management systems with new technologies;
• Working knowledge of another FAO official language is considered an asset.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- Extension of fixed term appointments is based on certification of performance and availability of funds
- FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link.
Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
• Dependency allowances
• Rental subsidy
• Education grant for children
• Home leave travel
• 30 working days of annual leave per year
• Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
• International health insurance; optional life insurance
• Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENTCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank