Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Humanitarian Performance and Information Management Lead at Any existing Save the Children office location or home based. The role will involve up to 15% international travel.
The purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate activity across the movement to strengthen our use of data to inform strategic and operational decision making, in order to deliver high-quality responses for children effected by humanitarian crisis.
The Humanitarian Performance and Information Management Lead is a critical role within the humanitarian team, responsible for leading on our performance, insight and continuous improvement practices, using data, MI and in depth sector knowledge to identify key trends and opportunities for improvement, challenging existing practices, and steering the strategic direction across the global humanitarian function.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Director, Preparedness and Response
Staff reporting to this post: Up to 3 direct line reports. In addition, the role will be responsible for coordinating activity across a range of functions and members to improve our global approach to information management and data.
Budget Responsibilities: Responsible for the management of current and future grants related to innovation and continuous improvement of global humanitarian systems, processes and tools totalling circa $250,000
Data and Information Management:
- Lead on information management practices across humanitarian, further strengthening our approach to operational management by developing our capability and capacity to regularly access and analyse key data and build it more explicitly into our decision-making processes.
- Proactively identify, develop and implement tools, databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other processes that optimise the statistical efficiency, quality and integrity of data across all users, whilst maintaining GDPR compliance.
- Lead on activity to build capacity of key stakeholders across the movement in their understanding and use of data across multiple contexts.
- Provide insight and advice to identify and manage operational and financial risks and ensure humanitarian decision making is enabled through live forecasting and analysis based on an improved collection, understanding and use of cross-functional data.
- Working closely with Context Analysis and Foresight Unit, provide analysis and systems to support anticipatory action and real time analyses in rapid onset emergencies to enable the improved delivery and forecasting of resources during a response.
- Build cross sector linkages (UNOCHA, other INGOs and local partners) to improve sharing and collaboration in the use of information to improve system wide decision making.
Innovation and continuous improvement:
- Lead the identification, development and trialling of new technologies and ways of working which enhance our global humanitarian operations.
- Ensure effective use of technology across the team, including working with IT to provide ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of IT systems and platform to manage GEHSP process.
- Lead on strengthening and enable information sharing and linkages with Save the Children systems such supporting program management, humanitarian reporting and others and primary and secondary data sources held outside of the humanitarian team to enable improved reporting and analysis.
- Work with key stakeholders including Members to identify and develop potential partnerships and funding opportunities in support of innovation.
- Provide training and technical support to users of humanitarian specific tools
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others, future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Combines a professional hands-on approach with the ability to energise team members to fulfil their potential
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Drives transparency of risks and issues in the Global Humanitarian Surge Platform
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Extensive Experience in collating, analysing and visualising information to inform improved decision making at operational and leadership levels.
- Experience of working in humanitarian responses/development work at a country and head office level with a broad understanding of humanitarian operations.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to closely analyse data and evidence, to draw out implications of different interventions and make recommendations for improvement to key processes, whilst identifying and mitigating any associated risk.
- A critical thinker with a natural inclination to challenge the status quo when required, using your influence to drive required changes to both our culture and practices.
- Strong understanding and first hand experience utilizing information visualisation tools.
- Strong experience of financial systems and processes, including budget management
- Strong of understanding of SQL and PowerPlatform
- Experience on administration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL on Azure
- Experience with SSRS, Power BI and preferably with Microsoft compatible tools for data analysis
- Excellent business requirement gathering process/work flow analysis skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written & oral English) including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate/mediate to facilitate the resolution of conflicting business requirements.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Experience of facilitating productive workshops, preferably in multi-cultural contexts.
- Understanding of modelling techniques, such as unified modelling language
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Non-profit sector experience knowledge/experience (especially international development projects)
- French, Spanish or Arabic as a desirable, considering the different stakeholder groups.
We can offer circa £44,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 12 July 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam