IDDS One Health Specialist, Vietnam Country Program
Title: One Health Specialist, Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) Vietnam
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems using a One Health approach.
PATH is seeking a One Health Specialist to be responsible for technical implementation of surveillance activities across human and animal health in Vietnam including event-based surveillance as well as coordination with other project team members and partners who undertake surveillance strengthening activities. This includes strengthening surveillance systems through a One Health approach. This position reports to the IDDS Team Lead based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Support linking epidemiology and laboratory surveillance data, data analysis and interpretation from animal health surveillance systems and event-based surveillance;
- Work to link human and animal health surveillance using a One Health approach;
- Perform surveillance evaluations and provide recommendations for improvements;
- Provide technical input to proposed new surveillance systems as needed;
- Support developing or updating national surveillance plans, SOPs and policies;
- Ensure IDDS’ technical assistance is coordinated with other organizations working in Vietnam;
- Utilize evidence-based methods and best practices to implement workplan activities;
- Support efforts to improve in real-time reporting data, data sharing and interoperability between surveillance and laboratory systems;
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Vietnam;
- Work closely with the IDDS team lead to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- A minimum of a Masters degree or higher in veterinary medicine, veterinary public health, international development, or a related field with a focus on infectious disease detection, surveillance and diagnostics;
- At least five years of experience in veterinary or public health programs in the country;
- Technical competency in veterinary medicine, one health, infectious disease(s) and surveillance systems including VAHIS;
- Experience residing and working in Vietnam preferred;
- Familiarity with USG programs preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/391u9rF or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs). Deadline for applications: January 19th, 2019.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID