Tracking Code: 10277
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
The Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) project is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems. In Vietnam, the IDDS project will focus on activities to strengthen the TB diagnostic network in line with the Government of Vietnam’s National Strategic Plan to achieve three key outcomes:
- Optimized TB diagnostic network for Vietnam from national to facility level that addresses issues of access, timeliness and diagnostic accuracy
- A functional network of expanded testing facilities implementing a comprehensive Xpert and chest x-ray diagnostic algorithm (“Double X” TB diagnostic strategy)
- Optimized TB surveillance network for Vietnam that ensures complete, timely and accurate reporting of TB cases
PATH is currently recruiting for an IDDS Team Lead for Tuberculosis to be responsible for a project that will strengthen the tuberculosis (TB) diagnostic network and surveillance/reporting systems in line with the Government of Vietnam’s national strategic plan to end TB. This effort is supported by the Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance project in Vietnam and funded by the US Agency for International Development. The IDDS Team Lead will be part of the PATH Vietnam TB team.
- Represent IDDS in Vietnam to the USAID mission (TB Advisor), the Government of Vietnam, and other stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership and assistance in TB health systems strengthening especially in the area of diagnostics
- Ensure IDDS’ activities are aligned with country priorities and are well-coordinated with other organizations working in Vietnam
- Monitor and ensure alignment and coordination with other PATH-led TB initiatives and projects
- Utilize evidence- based methods and best practices to implement workplan activities
- Lead the project team in Vietnam – providing the vision, coordination, resource management, and oversight of technical and administrative staff required to accomplish workplan activities and meet project objectives
- Ensure country financial and technical reporting requirements are met
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Vietnam and overall responsiveness of the technical team. This can include making necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements when necessary or recommended by USAID
- Ensures that any departures in work scope or budget or any legal, regulatory or ethical concerns are promptly reported to IDDS leadership in the US
- Work closely with USAID and with the IDDS US-based team to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities
- Work closely with other initiatives as are agreed are in the scope for IDDS as well as partners and stakeholders to ensure coordinated approach
- Works collaboratively and coordinates with regional and/or other country Technical Leads as well as team partners on the implementation of activities
- Minimum Master’s degree or higher in public health, international development, or related field with a focus on TB
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing health systems strengthening programs
- Familiarity with USG management, programs, and operations including regulatory and reporting requirements
- Technical competency in TB, including diagnosis and surveillance
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision making
- Strong English written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination.
- Experience working in Vietnam
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 35% within Vietnam and other travel as needed
Must have authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Please apply through this link as soon as possible.
Job Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Company Location: Vietnam, Hanoi
Position Type: Full-Time/RegularCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS