- Position: Inclusion and Gender Expert “TVET”
- Duty station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Duration: 15 January 2024 until 30 January 2025 with the possible extension until 2027
- Application Deadline: Mon, 2023-12-11
BackgroundAs a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas:
- Vocational training;
- Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;
- Energy and
- Sustainable Economic Development.
Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy.For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.The joint Vietnamese-German technical cooperation programme “Reform of Technical Vocational Education and Training in Viet Nam II” (TVET Programme) aims to better align TVET in Viet Nam to the changing world of work. It is funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with counterpart funds from the Vietnamese Government. The implementing agencies are the GIZ and the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET) under the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA). In order to reach the project’s objective, three main outputs have to be achieved:
- Output 1: State actors, TVET staff, TVET institutes and the business sector are interconnected.
- Output 2: The regulatory framework of TVET is aligned to the requirements of the changing world of work
- Output 3: The concept of High-Quality TVET institutes is successfully implemented in selected TVET institutes.
- Being the gender and inclusion - focal point of the Vietnamese-German Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Labour Market and Labour Migration Cluster
- Plan, coordinate and implement gender- and inclusion activities
- Advise project partners, including the Department for Vocational Education and Training (DVET) as well as TVET colleges on gender-transformative and inclusive policy development, organizational management processes and activities
- Advise on gender-transformative and inclusive elements within cooperation mechanisms with the private sector
- Advise and support the establishment of communities of practice amongst project partners in the area of gender and inclusion
- Manage and further develop the scholarship scheme for disadvantaged TVET students
- Advise partners on gender-sensitive and inclusive enrollment strategies, including the organization of girls' days and inclusion days, as well as gender-sensitive and inclusive training programmes and teaching methodologies
- Plan and monitor the budget of gender- and inclusion related activities
- Assist with the preparation of knowledge and information materials, such as success stories and toolkits, as well as reporting the results of gender- and inclusion activities to project partners and to BMZ
- Perform administrative and organizational activities, including the preparation of terms of references, activity settlement and tender processes
- Perform conceptual development and research on gender-mainstreaming and gender-responsive strategies for the further development of the project
- Stay up-to-date with the latest national and international developments and good practices on gender and inclusion and provide further training to project staff
- Master's degree or comparable in the field of gender studies, social work, economics, business, law, energy, environmental or political sciences, or similar
- Minimum of 03 years of professional working experience in gender-equality and inclusion
- Minimum of 03 years of professional working with international development organizations
- Minimum of 03 years of professional experience in advisory processes of partners
- Strong organizational and logistical competence, administrative and event organization experience, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- First working experience and technical understanding in the energy sector is an asset.
- Strong commitment to strengthening the role of women and disadvantaged groups in technical and vocation training of Vietnam
- Good networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation and advisory competencies, and ability to interact with all levels of staff as well as international and national partners in a professional manner
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and other relevant software tools for project management
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility and work independently
- Highly motivated to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel abroad and to project sites across the country
- Language skills: proficient in English and Vietnamese
- German language skills are an additional advantage
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
What we can offer to the successful candidates:
- Good working environment
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including the additional health insurance and the 24-hours accident insurance.
- And good policy on training and development
- Policy on flexible working time
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 11th December 2023.Note: Please state“Application for the Gender and Inclusion Expert_TVET”in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
KOTO-Know One Teach One