Terms of Reference (ToR)
Title: Independent contractor for English copy editing and proofreading service
Time frame: 06/2021
The Hanns Seidel Foundation is a political foundation with its headquarters in Munich (Germany). “In the service of democracy, peace and development” – this motto is present in the work and mission of the Hanns Seidel Foundation. This motto applies both to its activities in Germany and abroad. Since 1995, HSF has supported the integration of Vietnam into the global political spectrum and the ASEAN-Community. Since the establishment of a representative office in 2011, HSF has focused its work in Vietnam on social and environmental policies for sustainable development.
HSF Vietnam seeks a copy-editor / proofreader for the publication of the report “Navigating a Pandemic. Impacts of Covid-19 on Labour Markets in Viet Nam”. The report provides an international perspective, with a zoom from Southeast Asia into Vietnam, regarding the impacts of Covid-19 pandemic on informal and formal labour markets as well as comparison of conceptual frameworks about Social Impact Analyses (SIAs).
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The editing and proofreading service shall include but is not necesarily limited to the following tasks:
- Checking the accuracy of used terminology, grammar, and spelling.
- Copy-editing the English version of the report while maintaining the authors’ writing style to the extent practical.
- Eliminate and smoothen inconsistencies and/or repetitions.
3. EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
- A high-quality, professionally edited, and proofread report (in “track changes” mode while providing suggestions for style improvements in the comment section).
4. REMUNERATION PACKAGE
- Rate is subject to level of experience and proven relevant track record. The max. rate (gross) is 350.000 VND per 350 words (approx. 39.000 words in total).
- Payment will be made after submission and acceptance of the deliverables.
5. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
HSF requires the editing and proofreading independent contractor will possess the following qualifications:
- Holding advanced and relevant qualifications.
- Proven experience in copy-editing and proofreading in English for an international audience.
Competencies and skill requirement:
- Track record in writing/editing in the context of international development and/or social sciences.
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- CV including at least 2 writing samples (either as author or copy-editor)
- A proposal outlining the rate per 350 words and the suggested timeframe for the delivery of the final product of approx. 39.000 words.
Interested applicants are requested to send the application documents to Le Anh Vu (Vu-L@hss.de).
Deadline for submission is 07/06/2021 at 5pm Hanoi time.
03/10/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Save the Children