- Title: National Project Coordinator Climate-Smart Social Services Regional Programme Preparation
- Job no: 566999
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Hanoi
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Viet Nam
- Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
For every child, an opportunity ...This is a national consultancy for a National Project Coordinator, facilitating efficient coordination of the programme preparation phase in Viet Nam to contribute to the elaboration of the Climate-Smart Social Services Regional Programme (The Programme). The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience and knowledge in project coordination and climate-related initiatives, ensuring the achievement of project preparation objectives within the stipulated timeframe.
UNICEF East Asia Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO), in partnership with the Australian Committee for UNICEF, is developing a Regional Programme “Mainstreaming Climate-Smart Social Services in the East Asia Pacific Region” for 14 countries in the region. The Programme aims to finance climate-smart social services as a new asset class in climate finance in line with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s Shared Socio-Economic Pathways. A Concept Note is being elaborated and program preparation expected to start in November 2023. UNICEF Regional Office for East Asia and the Pacific is recruiting an international consulting firm to develop the Programme Proposal. In addition, to provide support for Viet Nam as among 14 countries in preparation of the detail program proposal, UNICEF is mobilizing a consultant National Project Coordinator to provide technical support and ensure an effective liaison and coordination between related agencies during the preparation. The key tasks are as below:
- Act as the primary point of contact between the government agencies, key sector stakeholders, UNICEF country office, and the international consulting firm.
- Lead in preparation and facilitation of meetings, discussions, and workshops among all parties, ensuring that programme preparation objectives are met, and consensus is reached.
- Take lead in development and maintaining of a database on a spreadsheet of project documents, reports, and correspondences as well as the project preparation budget.
- Provide inputs and gather comments from relevant stakeholders for the program preparation developed by international consultant firms.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced degree in Climate Studies, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Project Management, or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in project coordination or management, preferably in climate-related projects with international financing institutions.
- Proven experience in liaising with government bodies, financiers, and consulting firms.
- Proven experience working in climate resilient WASH, other social sectors (health, education, nutrition, etc) is desirable;
- Strong knowledge of project management tools;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Assessment criteria:For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification weight 75 points:
- An advanced degree in Climate Studies, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Project Management, or related fields, 20 points.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in project coordination or management, preferably in climate-related projects with international financing institutions, 20 points.
- Proven experience in liaising with government bodies, financiers, and consulting firms, 10 points.
- Proven experience working in climate resilient WASH, other social sectors (health, education, nutrition, etc) is desirable, 10 points.
- Strong knowledge of project management tools, 5 points.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills, 5 points.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software, 5 points.
- The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened/evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 50 points score in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
- The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview if needed.
Submission of applications:
- Letter of interest/confirmation of availability and CV;
- A technical proposal which clearly explains the outline on how to deliver the tasks and deliverables;
- Three references;
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including consultancy fee, travel costs plus DSA as Annex 1, and any other relevant costs for this assignment.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Deadline: 26 Nov 2023 SE Asia Standard TimeKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer