Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Deliverable)
Grade: Individual Consultant 4
Salary scale: Individual Consultant Scale
Contract Duration: Until 31 Dec 2021
Date to close (KST): 01/08/2021
Job Reference: 100005214
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The individual consultant (the “Consultant”) is expected to support the prioritization of two policies and design process for an energy-sector policy approach through the following objectives and expected activities:
Objective 1: Deliver a Government-Validated MCA for Energy Sector Policy Approaches. Activities include:
- Consult MOIT to gain better understanding about the priorities and needs of MOIT in its pursuit of an energy sector policy approach to mobilize carbon finance on priority
- Identify a number of specific policy measures to be taken (i.e. policy approaches) in the energy sector that align with Vietnam's energy sector policies and conditional NDC targets
- Collect data and insight from government statistics, reports, policy documents, interviews and secondary sources to prepare and finalize an MCA in close collaboration with GGGI team
- Coordinate and facilitate at least one validation workshop for the MCA; alternative validation approaches may be considered depending on preferences of government and GGGI
Objective 2: Develop Recommendations for Policy Approach Selection. Activities include:
- Comment on the draft table of contents for the Policy Approach Selection Recommendations Report.
- Provide recommendations to MOIT and GGGI (to the extent possible) on the following issues in relation to the validated energy sector policy approach(es):
- How to address any data gaps and methodological challenges expected in estimating the mitigation volume and other socio-economic development co-benefits
- The formulation of a reasonable crediting baseline vs. standard BAU scenarios to measure additionality
- Policy boundaries, such as the timeline for implementation, anticipated costs, technologies affected
- Stakeholder mapping and policy implementation, including policy approval, enforcement and ownership of the generated credits
- Requirements and challenges for monitoring, reporting, and verifying emissions reductions achieved by the policy approach
DELIVERABLES AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The assignment will consist of two primary deliverables:
- Policy Approach Multicriteria Analysis Report
- Policy Approach Selection Recommendations Report
At the beginning of the assignment, the consultant will propose an assignment workplan for how and when he/she will achieve the objectives specified above, which should be agreed between the consultant and the Program Manager within the first week of the assignment.
To maintain a prompt communication between the consultant and GGGI as well as ensure high quality of services, it is expected that the consultant shall regularly hold update calls/meetings with the Program Manager to update on key findings and keep track on the engagement progress on a bi-weekly basis.
All reports and outputs must be in English (unless being indicated otherwise), in accordance with GGGI's formatting requirements, and submitted in hard copy and electronic formats along with complete sets of raw data, research materials, and interview notes.
The Consultant's work progress will be monitored primarily through periodic review meetings, the precise schedule of which is to be determined based in consultation with the Consultant. These meetings will help assess the status of the project, actual achievements made against the timeline set at the beginning of the assignment, support required to address any challenges met, etc.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross