INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP THE TRAINING MATERIALS OF LGBT’s PROJECT
“LGBT children and youth in Vietnam have access to education, health and social services”
Save the Children is the leading global independent organisation for children.Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our vision: A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission: To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Our values: Accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
We are committed to ensuring our resources are used as efficiently as possible, in order to focus them on achieving maximum impact for children.
Save the Children has been implementing the project “LGBT Children and Youth in Vietnam Have Access to Education, Health and Social Services” (The Project) in the Mekong Delta since 2019. The overall objective of the project is that LGBT children and youth are better included into society with better access to education, employment, health, housing and political participation. SC and its partners facilitate, mentor and provide capacity building for personnel of government organizations to support LGBT children and youth to live in a safe, friendly and non-discriminatory environment when using health, education and social services. SC and partners are also building a platform to engage LGBT youth and children to learn about their rights, improve their knowledge about themselves and empower them to raise their voice.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Individual consultant to develop the training material of LGBT’s Project
- Location: The selected consultant is not required to travel to conduct this service but meetings with project team via online platform is needed to develop and finalize this training material.
- Develop the training framework and Detail Agenda for at least 2-days training and using interactive teaching methods
- The package of training materials includes of:
- A guideline for facilitators to conduct the training and a workbook for participants which included 4 topics to be covered in the training: (i) SOGIESC definition and what is LGBT+ communities; (ii) Guideline for using teaching gender tools (Gender bread/Gingerbread, Gender Unicorn…); (iii) Indicators and guidelines to providing safe and friendly services toward LGBT+ children and youth; (iv) Communication skills and note for working with LGBT+ children and youth.
- The Microsoft PowerPoint slides to be used in the training.
- Pre-test, post-test and form of report for facilitators.
- Report on the progress of the development TOT training materials on a weekly basis, including issues and request support (if needed).
Experience and skill set required
The national or local professional should have:
- At least Master Degree in public health or social work or social development, or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in conducting TOT training, developing training materials
- Experienced in working on LGBT+ field and training on SOGIESC.
- Knowledge about the thematic area of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression and Sexual Characteristics, and understanding about LGBT+ youth groups in Southern Vietnam is a clear advantage.
- Willingness to discuss and cooperate with SC staff
- Experienced in working with government officers (social workers, medial workers.) in Southern Area of Vietnam
The selected consultant will be required to deliver the following deliverables to SC:
- Training framework and detail training agenda
- Guideline book and workbook for peer training
- Power point slides for peer training
- Pre-test, post-test and report form for peer training
The tentative duration for the development training materials is in August - September 2021. The detail of timeline for each activity will be developed between SC and the consultant.
Estimated commencement date: 11th August 2021
Estimated end date: 25th September 2021
The candidate should submit a financial proposal and CVs through email address: email@example.com
The closing date for application is 9:00 a.m. on 2nd August 2021. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross