Are you ready to use your talents to make the world a better place for Children in Vietnam?
If you are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. We are seeking dynamic Vietnamese candidates for our below Individual Contractor Pool.
Title: Individual Contractor Pool: Program Associate and Administration Associate
Duty Station: UNICEF office in either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City
How does the Contractor Pool work?
UNICEF Vietnam is seeking Programme Associates/Administrative Associates to support in the areas of Education, Child Protection, Child Survival and Development, Social Policy and Governance, Communication, Programme Monitoring and Evaluation and Operations in short-term assignments in the absence of Senior Program Associates, Program Assistants, and Administrative Associates.
- Contractors who are selected from the roster will work on specific deliverables and with timeframes as determined by the office based on needs from sections and may range from several weeks to several months.
- The contractor will be issued an open contract for 11.5 months which is subject to UNICEF General Conditions of Contractors for the services of Consultants/Individual Contractors hired by UNICEF.
- Contractors holding an open contract are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise, and will be contacted directly by the relevant team to check interest and availability, following which contractor contracts will be activated upon need, funding, and availability.
UNICEF Viet Nam
UNICEF Viet Nam is one of more than 190 offices of the United Nations Children’s Fund globally and part of the United Nations system in Viet Nam working in close collaboration with all UN agencies in the country.
UNICEF’s mission in Viet Nam is to make sure every child in the country is healthy, educated and safe from harm, therefore having the best start in life and a fair chance to reach her or his full potential and benefit from the country’s prosperity. We believe children have a right to live in a more equitable society, where their voices are heard, and needs met as a matter of priority in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Purpose of the Job:
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Section Chief, the Programme Associate supports the respective section through providing a range of administrative and operational, programmatic and financial support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Supporting the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Record and document Information and discussion; provide translation and interpretation to support communication with internal and external partners.
- Formulate draft replies to routine correspondence for approval/signature and respond to routine requests for information.
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
2. A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
3. Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
4. Experience working with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset.
5. Fluency in English (verbal and written) is a must.
6. Availability for rapid deployment on short notice.
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 85 %
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization, 20 points.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required, 30 points.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset, 20 points.
- Experience working with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset, 20 points.
- Fluency in English, 10 points.
Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 15%
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened/evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Candidates who score 70% and above will be considered for inclusion in the roster.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to the assigned requisition in UNICEF Vacancies: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
a. Letter of interest and updated CV.
b. Financial proposal with your daily rate.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 02 Dec 2021 SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: 09 Dec 2021 SE Asia Standard TimeAPPLY HERE
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization