Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance Diagnostic Specialist,
Vietnam Country Program
Title: Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) Diagnostic Specialist
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
PATH is seeking a Diagnostic Specialist to be responsible for technical implementation of infectious disease diagnostics activities in Vietnam as well as coordination with other project team members and partners who undertake diagnostic strengthening activities. This includes strengthening laboratory systems, primarily in public health but also private health and other non-governmental laboratories. This position reports to the IDDS Team lead based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Implements technical assistance, diagnostic network and facilities strengthening and quality improvement interventions in line with joint external evaluation (JEE) reports, country national action plan, other assessment reports and country work plan activities aligned with JEE and local stakeholder improvement goals;
- Provide technical assistance in diagnostic strengthening and quality management systems including specimen referral mechanisms, supply chain, management information systems, diagnostic SOPs and tools, workforce capacity, expansion or decentralization of point-of-care diagnostic service points, and biosafety and biosecurity;
- Support developing or updating national diagnostic network strategic plans, SOPs and policies;
- Conducts assessments of diagnostic facilities and the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions and initiatives;
- Monitors and reports progress with diagnostic network enhancement activities as per the approved country work plan;
- Ensure IDDS’ technical assistance is coordinated with other organizations working in Vietnam;
- Utilize established methods and best practices to implement technical activities;
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives to improve laboratory capacity;
- Assists laboratories in their preparation for accreditation through recognized national and international accreditation agencies;
- Builds capacity in local diagnostic stakeholders and leaders to identify and oversee enhancements in diagnostic networks;
- Supports laboratories in the establishment of tiered networks, as well as in their collaborative support efforts between existing labs;
- Assists the laboratory system in the integration of information systems including data management;
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Vietnam;
- Work closely with the IDDS team to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- A minimum of a BSc in clinical diagnostics, laboratory science, or an equivalent;
- At least five years of experience in diagnostic strengthening and capacity building in the country;
- Technical competency in the diagnosis of infectious diseases, especially zoonotic diseases and AMR including specific hands-on diagnostics experience;
- Competent in current diagnostic methods for infectious diseases including point-of-care tests;
- Knowledge and experience with strengthening laboratories to achieve international quality standards including against ISO 15189 and/or SLMTA/SLIPTA;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Experience residing and working in Vietnam;
- Familiarity with USG programs.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/2MbfFeY or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs). Deadline for applications: January 19th, 2019.
18/08/2021Lawrence S. Ting Foundation
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Viện Nghiên cứu Quản lý Phát triển bền vững (MSD)
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children