- Position: Influencing Coordinator
- Working location: Hanoi
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 25/11/2023
BackgroundPlan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights, with a special focus on equality for girls. Plan International has over 80 years experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. Plan International has been working in northern and central Vietnam since 1993. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to start life and grow up physically and mentally healthy and as adolescents so they are leading the way to shape their own future. We believe girls have the power to change the world. Our ambition is to work alongside them and together take action so that 2 million girls in Vietnam can learn, lead, decide and thrive by 2022.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.For more information about Plan International Vietnam please visit our website http://plan-international.org or contact Human Resources Department at address 6th floor, Capital Building, 58c Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:In general:
- Fully responsible for coordinating with Program Units of Quang Tri and Quang Binh provinces in project planning and implementation as well as PIV’s function teams (Finance, Communications and Program Quality and Development) during the implementation to ensure the project’s results contribute to project’s and organization’s influencing efforts.
- To be the focal person of PIV for collaborating and working with the Institute for Social and Environmental Transition-International (ISET) members during the project’s implementation to ensure the synergy and project’s joint advocacy.
- Coordinate with Business Development Unit to maintain a mechanism on communicating with CHNO for regular progress update, reporting and technical advisory during the project’s implementation and evaluation.
- Responsible for quality project activity implementation with focus on community’s program component in line with approved workplan and donor’s compliance as well as assuring quality standards are met, including progress towards predefined results and milestones.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of program narrative, financial and M&E reports following donor’s and organization’s reporting schedule, ensuring the quality of those reports
- Provide support for the Project Officers and Advocacy Officer for quality project activity implementation with focus on Knowledge Management and Advocacy components and MERL Specialist on developing and implementing M&E plan and reporting that meet project’s expected outcomes/outputs.
- Support and coordinate donor/guest visits
- Maintain an open and accountability liaison mechanism with partners at different levels to ensure the timely information exchange and solutions for any issue emerged during the project implementation
- In specific that is aligned with ZCRA at global level:
- Take the role of ZCRA’s Trainer that indicated in CRMC’s workbook.
- Fully responsible for completing CRMC’s trainings as well as supporting project’s team fulfil related trainings for accessing and using the CRMC.
- Allocate time and activities for research including work with research team, meeting with data collection team, coordinate among members, review each method (quantity, number of factor/index...), review group’s questions, problems, difficulties, checking for missing information and consistency during the research period.
- Provide technical support for research team during the implementation of research by using CRMC that including create project on CRMC, data inputs, grading, validation with community and developing community’s interventions.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University graduate or equivalent in relevant field
- Minimum of five years experience working in community development projects/Disaster Risk Management projects
- Demonstrated record of experience in project implementation and monitoring
- Experience in working with partners at district and commune levels
- Experience of working with children and communities and in partnership with different stakeholders and Plan International system/structure.
- Competence in English
- Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills
- Knowledge on disaster management policies, climate change adaptation strategies and programs in Vietnam
- Knowledge on community development
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal, influencing, negotiation skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience in the Zurich flood resilience alliance and/or flood resilience measures for community.
- Experience in resilience approach.
- Experience in working with Government agencies and international/national organizations at various level,
- Experience of program/project planning, monitoring, evaluating and research
- Experience in coaching, training, and facilitation, working with children and communities and managing child-related programmers and projects would be considered an advantage.
Plan International values in practice
We are open and accountable
Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
How to apply
We are looking for experienced, qualified and motivated Vietnamese candidates who are committed to working long-term for the following position with attached TOR. Please send your application and CV to below e-mail address.E-mail: email@example.com Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer