- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Manila (Philippines)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2022-01-14
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Information Technology Group provides information and technologies management and support services to WHO technical programmes in the Region. The unit is also responsible for the formulation, implementation and coordination of IT strategies and policies in the Region.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the guidance of the Information Technology Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Informatics Assistant, the incumbent will be part of ITG and will be responsible for providing technical IT support to end-users.
Under the supervision of the WPRO Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) manager, this position will also provide technical assistance and support to the WPRO EOC. The incumbent will be responsible for resolving technical problems in support of internal and/or external ICT hardware, software, and network devices.
The incumbent will be responsible for daily operations support of the EOC, including the scheduling, conducting, recording and monitoring regular and ad-hoc EOC meetings both physically and on virtual platforms. The incumbent will ensure the functionality of the EOC, ensure maintenance and upgrades are done to guarantee full functionality of the EOC and all the ICT platforms within it. The incumbent will try to foresee and flag any potential issues of the EOC that may compromise its role in support to Member States.
1. Identify and resolve end-user IT problems on-site, face-to-face or remotely.
2. Install and configure computer operating systems, applications and mobile devices.
3. Perform routine preventive and reactive maintenance and check on peripheral devices.
4. Provide technical assistance for VC and TC requirements.
5. Ensure timely logging of information to the service desk management system.
6. Liaise with vendors for hardware repairs and maintenance.
7. Manage and maintain computers and devices, service units and other hardware inventory and serve as the focal person for the Asset Management System (AMS).
8. Maintain working knowledge and understanding of the technology used in supporting the EOC and response procedures.
9. Ensure effective and efficient management of the EOC by coordinating virtual and face-to-face visits, meetings and conferences to be hosted by the EOC in consultation with the Regional Emergency Director or their designate.
10. Provide technical assistance and support to WHO staff and consultants deployed to the field, ensure that telecommunications equipment is in good condition and ready for deployment; check the condition of any loaned telecommunications equipment prior to returning to stock and provide support in the field as required.
11. Perform technical documentation and generate reports.
12. Perform any other tasks as may be required by the direct supervisor or management;
Graduation from secondary school.
Technical training in computer studies or information technology or equivalent.
Recognised IT certifications such a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, ITIL,Network Administration are a plus.
At least eight (8) years of experience in providing end-user IT support, installation and administration of information technology systems and hardware.
Experience in the use of virtual meeting platforms, video conference systems and directing video and computer presentations to facilitate presentations.
-Excellent end-user support, interpersonal and technical skills. -Ability to work flexible hours.
-Logical thinker, good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. -Ability to write technical documentation and reports.
-Ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations.
-Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
-Proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments.
-Ability to manage information between multiple organizations over numerous communications technologies such as phone lines, software interfaces and web-based tools during emergency operations.
-Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational cultural backgrounds a maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Teamwork Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences Communication Moving forward in a changing environment Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 705,546 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.