Position: Information and Design Assistant
Reports to: Communication Team Leader
Supervisor to: N/A
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Country Program: WCS Viet Nam Program
Position Type: Full time
Internal liaison: WCS Viet Nam’s staff
Expected travel: up to 20%
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through support and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 3,300 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalist, researcher and managers at nation-wide in investigation and enforcement techniques, legal barriers and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government to Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development.
The Information and Design Assistant will support the WCS program by applying design thinking in crafting creative and effective messages and information, education and communication materials that aim at achieving our conservation objectives; updating and sustaining information and knowledge database of WCS Viet Nam as assigned by the Communication Team Leader and in the WCS’ Knowledge Management Plan, ensuring smooth and effective information sharing and knowledge building inside and outside WCS. At the same time, the Information and Design Assistant together with Communication team members will establish and maintain well-functioning internal communications systems and guidelines for all staff.
This Job Description is progressive in nature and shall be reviewed and amended from time to time to meet WCS Viet Nam program needs.
A. External communications
- Designs, produces and disseminates communications materials, including but not limited to infographics, video, illegal wildlife trade brief, policy brief, reports and other publications that help communicate WCS’ strategic messages to key stakeholders; ensuring the compliance of WCS branding and relevant donor’s branding and marking policy;
- Manages the WCS Viet Nam’s database of open source illegal wildlife trade information of; being the focal contact of WCS in sharing this type of information, making sure timely and precise information provision inside and outside WCS;
- Produces and disseminates news scan bulletin to WCS’ mailing list; keep Communication team of WCS updated of performance of this bulletin through automated statistics and further analysis to better improve this information product; produce quarterly news scan internal reports (top news agencies, positive/negative views, in-depth articles, highlighted journalist in illegal wildlife trade...);
- Supports Team Leader to manage key information/knowledge database of WCS Viet Nam, including but not limited to WCS’ presentations in multiple events, photos and Zotero library;
- Manages WCS’ social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook and YouTube; be the focal contact of WCS on case follow-up via WCS’ Facebook Fan-page; create and manage tracking tools to update Communication Team and other relevant teams on case follow-up status and results;
- Supports Communication Team to build networking and partnership with Government partners and international community through managing WCS’ calendar of celebration days and collaborating with relevant WCS’ staff to perform proper etiquette/celebration;
- Collaborate with Communication Officers to design promotional items for relevant projects;
- Assists in organizing WCS Viet Nam events including donor visits, study tours, regional meetings;
- Participates in external workshops, national and international working groups and other meetings relevant to the communication works as required;
B. Internal communications
- Supports Communication Team Leader to design and implement WCS Viet Nam Program’s communication strategy, e.g. on branding and marking, and develop targeted communications strategies for project implementation when appropriate;
- Establishes and maintains effective systems for the management of communications material;
- Participates in the design and implementation of staff training and team-building activities to build media knowledge and capacity of WCS staff; and ensure that all WCS staff are aware of communication tools and approaches of WCS at external meetings with media, donors or other partners;
- Be the focal contact of WCS team to ensure that all WCS staff are updated on information database managed by Communication Team.
- Provides inputs in proposal development including technicality and finance indicators;
- Supports with other fundraising activities, as requested.
- Participates in the development of WCS Viet Nam policy and strategies in Viet Nam, includinginternal and external communication, education and information;
- Develops budgets and manages assigned activities;
- Oversee the work of consultants and sub-grantees, if any;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor/college degree in relevant fields;
- Minimum 2 years of communications experience in an NGO/INGO/international organization;
- Proven experience in data management;
- Proven knowledge and experience of graphic design software and tools, including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop;
- Proven experience in design and production of information, education and communication (IEC) material;
- Experience in working with social media to run social campaign and/or to communicate social/development issues is a strong advantage;
- Photography and video making skills and experience are strong assets;
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualification send Resume and a Letter of interest to Ms. Nguyen Thu My, HR Officer at email@example.com latest by 23:59 of December 31, 2019.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID