WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To support WV Vietnam in establishing standards and strategic direction for the IT system of the organization in line with the WV Partnership Standards.
- To maintain the effective functioning of the IT system that facilitates WVV’s development activities.
- To assist the IT Manager in coordinating IT- related work and handling routine IT related issues in all the offices and projects
- To provide the Management of WV Vietnam with Information/Communication Technology related recommendations and suggestion supporting the organisation’s strategic objectives.
1. Service desk
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users, including access service.
- Responds to Level 2 support (Global Center IT) and works with Level 3 support vendors (e.g. Microsoft, IBM…).
- Ensure reports on IT processes and activities are done.
- Identify and recommend solutions for trouble issues which affect multiple clients, including working with IT vendors.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
2. Technical support
- Ensure that all technical resources are available for meetings that include video conferencing.
- Monitor and communicate system status.
- Diagnose and resolve client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Create temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Participate in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Adhere to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Review operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Make recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Network Security management – firmware upgrade/patch management
- Perform backup and recovery
4. Project planning
- Provides input to IT project planning, ensuring GC requirements are met.
- Global Deployment Project support
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing
5. Inventory Management
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
6. Service level management
- Collaborate in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitor service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Follow up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to requests for IT support within SLA
- Train co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
- Identifies customer training needs based on common problems.
- Development of training material
- Contributing to knowledge base article
- Create, modify and review documentation of issues resolutions.
- Develop and deliver documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support (eg. Video clips, e-learning…)
- Alert team members about recurring problems.
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Mentor less experienced staff in IT areas of expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent qualification background.
Knowledge & Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Ability to write up policies and guidelines
- Coordination skills.
- Commitment to working with and learning from the poor and marginalized people, especially children.
- Willingness to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Professional Certification – Microsoft, CISCO, ITIL, etc
- In-depth experience in Windows; Lotus Notes; MS Office 365; Internet and Administering multi- serve multi- protocol (TCP/ IP & IPX); Windows NT local area network.
- Work experience in a big international development organization
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi,
Email: email@example.com (Ms Fiona Pham) – 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
Deadline for application: 28/09/2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS