Job Title: Innovation Challenge Fund Intern
Project: Vietnam Urban Energy Security
Reports to: Innovation Challenge Fund Technical Specialist
Period of Performance: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Deadline for application: June 20, 2021
SCOPE OF WORK
As Vietnam experiences steep increases in energy demand and rising air pollution challenges, there is growing recognition that cleaner, more reliable sources of energy are needed and greater capital investment is necessary. The Vietnam Urban Energy Security works closely with GVN at multiple levels to improve enabling frameworks, mobilize investment, and increase the adoption of innovative solutions for advanced, distributed energy.
The specific objectives of this activity are to assist Vietnamese cities to:
- Improve enabling policies, regulations, and city-level plans/programs for the deployment of resilient, distributed energy services;
- Mobilize public and private sector investment for the deployment of advanced, distributed energy systems;
- Increase adoption of innovative technologies, practices, business and financing models for advanced, distributed urban energy solutions.
Component 3 of USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security focuses on providing resources and support to entrepreneurs, innovators and others engaged in piloting and scaling new approaches or models to promote advanced, distributed energy solutions in Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City. This component will also contribute to the other goals of the Project, including the deployment of advanced and distributed energy and mobilization of public and private investment for advanced and distributed energy systems.
Overview of the Position:
The Project aims to achieve three results, including “at least 20 innovative solutions to address urban energy and environment issues demonstrated and/or commercialized”. To contribute to the achievement of this result, the Project is establishing an Innovation Challenge Fund (ICF) that will support 20 pilots and/ or demonstrations in HCMC and Da Nang. Firms with successful pilots and/ or demonstrations may go on to receive additional project support to help them commercialize and/ or scale the innovation.
Substantial resources are being allocated to the ICF will be implemented through four funding rounds over two years (2021 – 2023). There is also significant interest in the innovations that can potentially contribute to Vietnam’s urban energy resilience and energy security. Key stakeholders, both internal and external to the Project, will be seeking regular updates on progress of the overall fund as well as the progress of individual pilots and/ or innovations. To help meet this demand for information, the project will establish a dashboard, that is regularly updated, and that displays key information.
To help assess progress of the ICF, the Project has developed a monitoring and evaluation plan. This outlines the expected results, key performance indicators and targets. The Project’s ICF Technical Specialist will be responsible for managing the ICF M&E (with technical support from the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Innovation Challenge Fund Intern will:
- Ensure the ICF dashboard is fully functional and updated with accurate information at regular intervals;
- Collect, collate and analyze relevant information to display in the dashboard;
ICF Monitoring and Evaluation:
Support the ICF Technical Specialist to:
- Collect and collate narrative progress reports from the firms implementing pilots and/ or demonstrations
- Collect, collate and analyze information in relation to the ICF MEL Plan
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the ICF Technical Specialist
Minimum qualifications include:
- University Degree in a related field e.g. Economics, Statistics, Renewable Energy etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese and English
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience developing dashboards in Power BI and/ or Google Data Studio
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this LINK.
Deadline for the application: June 20, 2021
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank