UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. And we never give up.
Discover UNICEF’s work for every child, everywhere.
Locations: Headquarters Locations: Denmark
Work Type : Internshi
Product Innovation Centre, UNICEF Supply Division
At UNICEF Supply Division (SD), the Product Innovation Centre, is recruiting for a Research Intern. The Centre works with colleagues across the different procurement centres, country offices and other divisions to drive R&D and accelerate scale-up of products which are currently not available on the market but fulfil a priority need in the unique context in which UNICEF and its partners operate. Each project requires a vast amount of research and analysis of the current and future market, hence the requirement of this internship.
More information on the type of innovation projects currently led by UNICEF Supply Division can be found here. Starting as soon as possible, the Product Innovation Centre seeks an intern for a 26 week period, the main purpose of the internship is to support the development of SD’s innovation projects by:
- Undertaking research, desk reviews and data analysis in relation to innovation projects
- Supporting the Product Innovation Centre by ensuring progress in project development
- Becoming a significant actor in assisting project activities
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain an understanding of the complexities cyclical, iterative, explorative approaches to innovation within the structure of a UN agency.
More information on UNICEF internships here.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and the given organisational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties:
- Conduct market surveys, research, demand forecasts and analyses of different product and commodity areas as required
- Mapping of innovative, pre-commercial/incomplete designs to better understand the future landscape for required commodity areas
- Support in creation of documentation to support innovation projects
- Offering support to project leads for the development of innovation projects
- Assist the Product Innovation Centre in any additional tasks as a required
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Applicants must be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate, or graduate school, or be a recent graduate (graduated within past 2 years). Suitable disciplines for this internship include global health, innovation management, engineering, product design, nutrition, market research and analysis, economics. Applicants from other disciplines may be accepted.
- Experience in market survey and analysis useful
- Experience in project management desirable
- Excel skills and experience in demand forecasting desirable
- Active and up to date knowledge of modern, innovative materials and technologies desirable
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time.
- Effective communicator of verbal and written concepts to international audiences.
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues in Copenhagen, New York and worldwide Country Offices.
- Able to work independently and problem solving oriented.
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Analyse numerical data and all other sources of information.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and web applications.
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and in another UN language is an advantage.
UNICEF CORE VALUES
Diversity and Inclusion: Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises; immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behaviour; resists pressure in decision-making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power or authority.
Commitment: Demonstrates commitment to UNICEF’s mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviours; seeks out new challenges, assignments and responsibilities; promotes UNICEF’s cause.
In accordance to UNICEF’s guidelines, interns who are not in receipt of any other grants or governmental subsidies will be eligible for the UNICEF Stipend of US $1,500 per month for full-time work; part-time internship will be paid accordingly. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship. UNICEF is not responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
Product Innovation Centre has confirmed funding availability for the entire duration of the internship.
UNICEF will not be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the intern’s service, whether on or off UNICEF premises. Therefore, the selected candidate must provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan prior to start his/her work.
Living Conditions and Working Environment:
The intern will report to the supervisor of this internship. S/he is not expected to travel out of this duty station during the assignment. A flexible workspace will be provided. Guidance will be provided on a regular basis. The intern will be required to provide a copy of health insurance coverage and to fill out the relevant UNICEF forms on conditions regarding service as an intern.
Please note that this vacancy will close on 31 March 2020
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)