Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.
IUCN Vietnam has launched ‘Marine Turtle Conservation Programme’ project since 2002. The objectives of this program are protecting the marine ecosystem and sea turtle conservation against threats of extinction under pressures of human impacts. The project involves different campaigns and annual activities ranging from community based conservation activities, policies advocacy, awareness raising and education outreach programs for local people, reducing plastic wastes to the ocean through nesting beach plastic litter monitoring and assessment. Especially the annual summer volunteer program since 2014 to call for participation of the enthusiastic volunteers to support sea turtles in nesting seasons in Con Dao, Nui Chua National Park and Hon Cau Marine Protected Area.
1. Assist in project management and implementation, particularly those related to sea turtle conservation and marine protected areas;
2. Support coordination and facilitate summer volunteer program in 2020;
3. Support in writing an assessment report of sea turtle summer volunteer program and its impacts over the last 5 years;
4. Attend relevant online meetings, conferences, and other gatherings remotely, and report back on proceedings;
5. Conduct media products related to the sea turtle volunteer program (Interviews, Booklets, Videos, Storytelling);
6. Perform any other tasks, activities requested by supervisors;
|• Last year Bachelor student related to wildlife management
• Experiences in project development and management.
• Good understanding of IUCN structure and procedures.
• Personal flexibility and high motivation.
• Good command of English and Vietnamese.
• Good skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and media software (ProShow Producer, Canva, Aegisub).
• Basic understanding of ArcGIS.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP