|Department:||Strategy, Policy and Partnerships Department|
|Division:||European Representative Office|
|Location:||European Representative Office|
|Date Posted:||Tuesday, December 8, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
“Europe’s changing development policies, architecture, and priorities for Asia Pacific development.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will gather data on and analyze European support for Asia Pacific development since 2015, and anticipate future trends, trajectories and emerging priorities. The intern will also document respective members’ support to multilaterals, including to ADB. Key elements of this are:
Development Architecture and Finance: the study will examine Europe’s changing development architecture, including the growing role of bilateral development finance institutions, as well as the respective roles of national agencies and the EU Institutions (including the European Commission and the European Investment Bank).
European Positions and Priorities: the intern will examine ADB’s 17 European members’ policies, strategies and budgets as they relate to ODA and multilateral relationships, including a cataloguing of financial instruments applied. This exercise will include collation of data on governmental financing for private/non-sovereign operations (e.g. through KfW DEG, Proparco, CDC, etc).
Reliable Data Sources: the intern will examine and compare different sources of data and information on European policies and positions concerning development assistance to Asia Pacific, and recommend the most reliable ones so they can be tracked on a consistent basis.
The intern will compile the results in a report, to be presented to other departments and offices. The report will present key findings, trends and recommendations for ADB future strategic engagement with European development partners.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB European Representative Office, Frankfurt, Germany (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The assignment is aligned with S2030’s priority afforded to the development of partnerships and will result in:
1. improved institutional knowledge of trends concerning European positions and priorities on support to Asia Pacific, and the role of multilateral relationships therein;
2. reliable sources identified to track changes in positions and priorities on a consistent and systematic basis.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in public administration/policy, economics, international development, social or political science would be preferable and advantageous.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of European development institutions and policies is a distinct advantage. The intern should also have well-developed research skills, advanced writing and communication skills, and the ability to conduct surveys and interviews with key external stakeholders (including government officials), manage data sources and present findings in a concise and user-friendly manner.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Application link: https://www.adb.org/careers/200531Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS