Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Intern
Contract duration: 2 Months
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2020, 11:47:24 PM
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva
Organization: HQ/RHR – Reproductive Health and Research
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Reproductive Health Research (RHR) includes the UNDP/UNFPA/UNICEF/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP). HRP is the main instrument within the United Nations system for research in human reproduction. Its activities include promoting, conducting, evaluating, and coordinating interdisciplinary research on sexual and reproductive health; collaborating with countries in enhancing national capacities to conduct this research; promoting and facilitating the use of research results in policy-making and planning for sexual and reproductive health care; and the setting of standards and guidelines, including technical and ethical guidelines, in the field of sexual and reproductive health research. More information about HRP can be found at http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/hrp.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Intern will support the HRP’s Maternal and Perinatal Health team collaboration with experts in maternal immunization and maternal and perinatal epidemiology contributing to the development of an integrated active safety surveillance system for novel interventions in pregnancy in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Terms of reference
- Support the collaboration and exchange of information with experts in maternal immunization and maternal and perinatal epidemiology
- Collaborate in the conduction of systematic reviews
- Undertake web research and data collection on specific subject area
- Organize data and documents
- Assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- Participate in other on-going departmental projects
- Understand the objective of integrating active safety surveillance systems for novel interventions in pregnancy to the existing maternal and perinatal data systems
- Communicate clearly about HRP’s initiatives in research capacity strengthening in LMICs and their importance
- Understand the difference of work between WHO headquarters, regional offices and country offices
- Know how to conduct systematic reviews of the literature
- Know how to assemble data and prepare a comprehensive analysis
Have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
Desirable: Enrollment in a program in one of the following fields public health, epidemiology or statistics
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
In addition, interns need to be familiar with commonly used computer programmes, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized computer programmes, for example, statistical software such as XLStat may be an advantage.
- Experience in collaborating with experts in maternal immunization and perinatal epidemiology
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research
- Field and/or developing country experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of health information in an international comparative perspective, such as for health system performance assessment
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of Other UN language.
Interns do not receive a salary. They do however receive a stipend. The stipend depends on the duty station and other external support (grant, scholarships, etc.) received by the intern. In Geneva, the maximum amount of the stipend provided by WHO is 1728 USD per month. The exact amount of the stipend will be calculated for each intern, after selection, based on a financial disclosure form that they will complete. In addition, all interns in Geneva will receive a daily lunch voucher of a value of CHF15 to be used on WHO campus during the working days. WHO is also providing all interns with an accident and medical insurance coverage.
- Please note that internships at WHO are very competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted every year. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Living abroad is expensive and finding accommodation can be challenging. All intern candidates should be aware of these factors before they consider applying for a WHO Internship.
- If selected for a WHO Internship, candidates will be required to provide certified copies of proof of enrolment in a course of studies and a medical certificate of fitness for work.
- Interns are not eligible for appointment to consultants position in WHO for a period of three months following the end of the internship. However, no such restriction apply to temporary or longer term staff positions if the vacancy has been advertised and a competitive process completed.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)