INTERN FOR TEACHER PROGRAMME
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-NOV-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Bangkok Office and Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and the supervision of the Chief of the EISD Section, the Intern is expected to provide content, technical and administrative assistance in various projects and activities under the Teachers Programme as assigned, including:
- UNESCO-Korea FIT Project on Global Citizenship Education and Teacher Development;
- UNESCO-China Hainan Airlines Partnership Project “Enhancing Girls’ and Women’s Right to Quality Education through Gender Sensitive Policy Making, Teacher Development and Pedagogy in South, Southeast, and Central Asia”;
- UNESCO-China Shanghai FIT Project on Professionalisation of Teaching;
- China-sponsored Wenhui Award for Educational Innovation;
- The World Teachers’ Day Regional Event;
- Research and publication projects under the Regular Programme.
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct research and produce analysis or summaries for the Teacher projects as assigned;
- Assist in organizing/following up on activities related to the Teachers Programme;
- Draft/edit documents, presentations and other communication materials as required;
- Attend relevant meetings, take notes and prepare summaries as requested;
- Contribute to building up and maintaining the database and e-archive of the Teachers Programme;
- Fulfill other tasks assigned by the Chief of the EISD Section or the Director of the UNESCO Bangkok Office.
- Bachelor’s degree as the minimum, a completed Master is desirable, in Education, Development Studies, Public Policy, Political Science, International Relations, Law or other Social Sciences disciplines; a multi/interdisciplinary background is desirable.
- At least 6 months of prior working experience, including with international organisations, government agencies, educational or academic institutions, NGOs, and/or multinational companies, is required.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written); good knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
- High integrity and strong sense of responsibility;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a punctual and quality manner under time pressure;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills;
- Strong research and analytical abilities;
- Good skills for event organization (both in-person and virtual);
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PPT and other Microsoft Office applications; working knowledge of SharePoint, CRM, infographic design, audio and video production is desirable;
- Meticulousness and accuracy;
- Ability for proactive and independent problem solving;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and efficiently in multicultural environments;
- Diplomatic sensitiveness, customer-oriented attitude and awareness of confidentiality.
The intern can expect to obtain
- insights into the UN System in general and the work of UNESCO, especially its Bangkok Office in particular;
- insightful knowledge and understanding of international education development, especially teacher development;
- good experience in and skills for international project management and event organization;
- enhanced ability for internal and external communication and coordination, particularly in international settings;
- strengthened research, analytical and English writing skills;
- enriched and sharpened IT skills;
- deepened multi-cultural awareness, diplomatic sensitivity, problem-solving skills and teamwork competency.
The Teachers Programme under the EISD Section, UNESCO Bangkok Office and Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education supports the development and enhancement of teacher policies in line with the ILO/UNESCO Recommendations, and promotes the improvement of pre-service and in-service teacher training in UNESCO Member States in the Asia-Pacific region, in order to increase the supply of qualified and motivated teachers. For more information, please visit https://bangkok.unesco.org/theme/teachers.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
15/01/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)