Intern, Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance
Start Date: July 01, 2021
End Date: Dec 31, 2021
Estimated number of hours per week: 40
Will the intern be receiving a stipend?: Yes
Will the intern travel? (local or international): Yes (local)
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997, and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
- Enhance communication skills including interpersonal, speaking, writing
- Enhance computer skills including using Office, Microsoft team, etc;
- Being confidence, competency in infectious disease area;
- Develop skills in organization, time management, teamwork, multiple task coordination, initiative, adaptability, and project completion; and
- Having experience to add to your resume; expand network or contacts; earn a job reference to vouch for your performance.
- Applicants must be last year students or have graduated with university degrees in laboratory science, public health or an equivalent and, if selected, must start the internship within oneyear of graduation;
- Applicants must state their availability. Some flexibility will be allowed in the starting date;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and through email;
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Good writing skills;
- Editing skills are helpful;
- Knowledge in biology/biotechnology/microbiology.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Learning how to plan for project’s activities;
- Gaining knowledge of infectious diseases and laboratory capacity;
- Learning how to communicate with participants of the project; and
- Building relationships with people who can serve as advisers or mentors.
- Support to facilitate consultative meetings with partners;
- Assist to implement pilot specimen referral system in provinces;
- Assist to collect EBS data in provinces;
- Support to implement and organize training workshops;
- Assist to prepare general reports for trainings collected from consultants in provinces;
- Assist the team in finalizing quarterly deliverables/report of partners for overtime payment; and
- Other tasks as required.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this job link (https://bit.ly/3zrTyYs) or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Market Dynamics). Deadline for application is 25th June 2021.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.Job Location: Hanoi
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia