Intern of communications
6 to 8 months
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 90 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. About 13,500 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor. WFP is part of the United Nations system.
This internship is found in the WFP Colombia Country Office. Internships with WFP provide an opportunity for the students to gain experience of the United Nations and more particularly of the World Food Programme. It also provides an opportunity for students to gain valuable experience working in an international professional environment and provides exposure to a truly global humanitarian organisation.
|PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Communications Intern will be under the overall supervision of the Communications Coordinator and work closely with National Communications Officers and Assistants of the team in Bogota. The Unit is responsible for managing communications, advocacy and marketing in Colombia, using traditional media, blogs, campaigns, events and social media platforms to promote its messages. Some country specific priorities include emergency, preparedness and response, climate change adaptation, peace and social protection to reach zero hunger.
Content and Products
- Suggest and develop content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter in Spanish and/or English.
- Support the production of audio-visual material, including drafting of scripts, transcripts and subtitling; following WFP guidelines to do so
- Light edit photos and create graphics/other design products using Adobe software in Mac or PC interfaces, or Canva.
- Create Trello boards for social media content and internal/external campaigns.
- Identify and propose key social media trends for the organization.
- Translate material to Spanish or English.
- Monitor the WFP brand and relevant news (Press clipping) identifying trends and issues.
- Gather stories from the team and produce the newsletter;
- Update calendar of WFP events, ensuring that they are scheduled in advance;
- Upload, organize and archive graphics, photos and videos to/in the appropriate libraries using SharePoint.
Analytics, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyse social media posts and campaigns.
- Provide support in maintaining the social media dashboards and adding entries to the global database.
- Provide analytics and social media reports on a regular basis and when requested.
Administrative and General Support
- Take photos/film at events.
- Perform research to find articles and resources that can be used to strengthen specific channels.
- Complete other projects as assigned, including preparing engaging PowerPoint presentations, writing blogs and stories for the intranet, translating text, assisting with events, keeping inventory up to date.
On completion of the internship, the successful candidate will have gained:
- An excellent understanding of the work of the largest humanitarian organization in the world, the World Food Programme and the UN system structure;
- Valuable experience in graphic design and video editing;
- Knowledge of the challenges in a multicultural environment and in an inter-governmental organization;
- An understanding of staff selection processes, especially recruitment and outreach strategies;
- Design and writing skills for public information and communications in an international context;
- Extensive exposure to managers and staff members of the WFP Colombia Country Office and the UN System.
Professionalism: Ability to undertake coordination of specific activities, interpret/analyze a wide variety
of data, and identify/resolve data/information discrepancies.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
Commitment to continuous learning: Initiative and willingness to keep abreast of new trends in
international development and public information fields.
Technological Awareness: Proficiency in various MS Office and in the Adobe package: Photoshop,
InDesign, Illustrator, desirable Premiere and After Effects.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with
sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Communication: Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
STANDARD MINIMUN QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme from a recognized university in one of the following areas: Communications, Design, Multimedia Production, Public Relations Communications, Journalism, Media, International Relations, Visual Arts, Digital Narratives, or related area.
The intern must have attended courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years undergraduate studies. Recent graduates (up to 12 months) are elegible to apply.
Experience in professional social media management is desirable.
Experience in national or international non-governmental organizations is desirable.
Experience in multi-cultural environments is an asset.
Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written communication).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Intern will receive a monthly stipend from WFP which is the equivalent of 14% of the daily subsistence allowance prevailing in Bogota for each day worked, but not to exceed US$765 per month.
- The internship is on a full-time basis in accordance with the working schedule of the WFP office.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- The internship is for a duration of 6 months, and up to 8 months.
The deadline to apply for this post is 6 October 2020 (midnight Bogota time).
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of intern is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test and/or a panel interview.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS