Title: Public Health - Intern
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997, and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is currently recruiting for an Intern - Public Health, based at PATH office in Hanoi, to support multiple projects (responsibilities defined below), and, if time allows, contribute to the team’s larger role within PATH. The Intern will work under the management of a Senior Program Officer.
Start Date - 1 March, 2021
End Date - 31 August, 2021
Estimated number of hours per week: 40 hours/week (Stipend will be provided)
Travel Required - Yes (Local Travel)
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
Plasmodium vivax (P. vivax) malaria projects (VivAccess and Operational Research): The P. vivax malaria projects support the malaria control and elimination efforts in Vietnam through the adoption of new diagnostics and drugs to treat the infection. The VivAccess project is a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded 5-year initiative led by PATH and Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) to support countries in the control and elimination of P. vivax malaria. The Operational Research is funded by DFID (UK) to assess the feasibility of integrating the point-of-care quantitative G6PD test into malaria case management in Vietnam. The projects in Vietnam are a part of a multiple-country project across Asia, Africa, and South America. The Intern will be expected to rapidly gain an understanding of the complex social, health, and market landscape for P. vivax malaria.
Global Health Security: Under US-CDC Cooperative Agreement Project “Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam”, PATH has been providing technical support to General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM) in the Ministry of Health (MoH) to enhance the disease surveillance system. The intern will be expected to support the M&E activities under this project.
Description of the overall Learning Objectives and Goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
- Hands-on Experiential Learning.
- Immersion in a professional INGO environment.
- Increased accountability and professional skills.
- Enhanced ability to recognize his/her preferences and abilities and match them with appropriate career-related choices.
- Opportunity to put his/her academic learning into practice.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- The ability to communicate technical information to the audiences.
- Skills to conduct research and M&E activities.
- Analytical skills.
1. Vivax Malaria Projects:
- Support to enter, manage, and analyze data.
- Support to conduct literature review (searching documents, review, and summarize information into a literature review summary template) for some activities under vivax projects in 2021.
2. Global Health Security project:
- Work with the Global Health Security (GHS) surveillance team to support the EBS evaluation.
- Assist in following up with provinces to validate data/collect additional data if necessary.
- Assist in data analysis of the field trip as instructed by the Senior Program Officer (e.g. quantitative data analysis - descriptive statistics)
- Assist in writing reports of EBS evaluation (e.g. develop some tables and graphs, format the report)
- Work with the Global Health Security (GHS) surveillance team to develop an M&E framework for multi-source surveillance systems.
- Assist in conducting literature review of M&E framework for surveillance systems (searching documents, review, and summarize information into a literature review summary template)
- Support preparation materials for meetings, workshops, trainings such as agenda, presentations.
- As requested, actively contribute to the team’s day-to-day activities, including in some cases logistical support to trainings & events.
- Other tasks as required by the Supervisor.
- Recently graduated from the University or Senior Students. Students with majors in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, Public Health, or any related fields is preferred.
- Have good analytical skills.
- Keen interest in data management, data analysis, conducting research.
- Keen interest in contributing to the sustainable development goals.
- Strong verbal and written English.
- Able to pay close attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- For this short term internship project, we prefer Vietnamese Nationals.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this LINK or visit PATH website then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/PATHs Internship Opportunities)
Deadline for applications: March 5, 2021*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.* Please advice: ? PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. ? All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page. ? Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address. Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty