Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Intern
Contract duration: Six months
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2020, 7:33:30 PM
Closing Date: Mar 20, 2020, 4:44:00 AM
Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva
Organization: HQ/CRM Resource Mobilization
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Coordinated Resource Mobilization leads a global coordinated resource mobilization network to foster strategic, consistent and coordinated resource mobilization sufficient to support WHO’s General Programme of work and its Programme Budget. In so doing it promotes the principles of (i) alignment of funding to WHO’s Programme Budget, (ii) predictability and flexibility of funding, (iii) reducing the financial vulnerability of WHO through expansion of the donor base and (iv) continued enhancement of the transparency and reporting of WHO’s funding and associated outcomes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Terms of reference
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in global health. Under the supervision of an External Relations Officer in the Department, the intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Contribute to the team’s ambitious vision to expand its activities and implement WHO’s resource mobilization strategy to fundraise 14.1 billion USD to support WHO’s General Programme of Work (2019-2023).
Support the team members in their daily tasks which may include:
- Desk research, preparing documentation, coordinating internal processes and external partners;
- Support related to the Organization’s fundraising activities (e.g. WHO’s Partners Forum follow-up, meetings in the margins of the Executive Board and the World Health Assembly);
- Support to activities of the back-office;
- Support the development of donor visibility materials;
- Support in managing small to middle sized activities or projects in an autonomous manner.
- Assist in administrative tasks which enable the department to run smoothly: elaborating briefing notes, organizing meetings, arranging travel, managing agendas, writing minutes.
- Support the Resource Mobilization Department’s engagement with donors, as appropriate.
Working in an innovative and stimulating environment, always on the move. Duties and responsibilities may evolve depending on the abilities of the candidate and the circumstances facing the Organization.
- Understand the objectives of the Resource Mobilization Department, including WHO’s resource mobilization strategy and processes to engage with donors.
- Communicate clearly and with confidence in this area of work.
- Understand the differences in work between headquarters, regional offices and country offices.
- Know how to research and assemble data and prepare a comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare background documents for meetings as well as notes for the record.
- Develop the outline of a strategic document with clear communication goals.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
30 April – 16 October 2020
Have completed a minimum of three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply for the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- Team work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Show willingness to learn from mistakes
- Produce and deliver quality results
- Work collaboratively with team members
In addition, interns need to be familiar with commonly used computer programmes, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work, research or work experience
- Field and/or developing country experience and/or insight highly desirable
- Experience in developing communication material
- Being able to demonstrate an awareness of external events and international affairs will be an advantage
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of other UN languages.
Interns do not receive a salary. They do however receive a stipend. The stipend depends on the duty station and other external support (grant, scholarships, etc.) received by the intern. In Geneva, the maximum amount of the stipend provided by WHO is 1728 USD per month. The exact amount of the stipend will be calculated for each intern, after selection, based on a financial disclosure form that they will complete. In addition, all interns in Geneva will receive a daily lunch voucher of CHF15 to be used on WHO campus during working days. WHO also provides all interns with an accident and medical insurance coverage.
- Please note that internships at WHO are very competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted every year. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Living abroad is expensive and finding accommodation can be challenging. All intern candidates should be aware of these factors before they consider applying for a WHO Internship.
- If selected for a WHO Internship, candidates will be required to provide certified copies of proof of enrolment in a course of studies and a medical certificate of fitness for work.
- Interns are not eligible for appointment to consultant positions in WHO for a period of three months following the end of the internship. However, no such restriction applies to temporary or longer term staff positions if the vacancy has been advertised and a competitive process completed.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/12/2020The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
31/01/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
18/12/2020Save the Children International
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
06/12/2020Viet Nature Conservation Centre
01/12/2020Investing in Women
30/11/2020Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV)