International Consultant on Potato Cultivar Registration
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The International Consultant on Potato Cultivar Registration will work under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uzbekistan, the technical supervision of the REU Agricultural Officer.
Tasks and responsibilities
The International Consultant on Potato Cultivar Registration will have the following duties:
- review and discuss with national partners current potato cultivar registration system and identify gaps
- discuss the needs for the enhancement of procedures and facilities for the registration system and agree on directions towards its enhancement
- draft the proposals of enhanced procedures
- review the proposals of enhancements to the system of potato cultivar registration
- discuss and agree the enhanced procedures for potato cultivar testing and registration
- develop training materials for trainings on seed potato production, certification and pest control, for seed certification inspectors
- Advanced university degree in Agronomy or Horticulture Science and management, or related field
- Have at least 7 years extensive experience in integrated potato production systems and cultivar testing and registration
- Working knowledge of English, and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages for Consultants. Working knowledge of English in the case of PSA.SBS.
- Extent and relevance of experience in climate resilient and sustainable agricultural production management practices and improve technologies.
- Work experience in Central Asia would be an asset
- Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Excellent communication skills in English and strong computer, report writing, and presentation skills.
- International experience with FAO, and other international agencies will be advantage
- Technical and practical knowledge on establishments of pilot demonstrations of improve practices, and conducting farmers training.
How to apply
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Deadline: May 6th, 2021
For more informationa and application details, click HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID