Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02251
Vacancy type: Experts/Consultants
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 21 February 2020
Deadline for application: 8 March 2020 – 23: 59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) continues to proactively participate and support the development of the security and public safety sector in Kosovo. In order to ensure the sustainability of progress made by Kosovo Police (KP), Kosovo Agency on Forensic (KAF) and Police Inspectorate of Kosovo (PIK), the Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) will continue to provide support to the aforementioned partners to achieve their envisioned objectives set out in KP Strategic Development Plan 2016-2020, KP Human Resources Strategy 2016-2020, KP Training Strategy 2019-2022, KAF Development Strategy 2016-2020, and Police Inspectorate Strategy 2019-2021.
In this regard, based on training needs assessment requests received from beneficiaries, which was followed by an external discussion (with both beneficiaries and stakeholders in order to avoid overlapping of activities) and internal (intradepartmental) discussion, PDMS developed tailored activities for the implementation of this project.
Based on the above, in 2020, PDMS will continue to support the KP and KAF in their efforts to further develop their operational and scientific capabilities to provide credible and professional forensics services. The training activities for KP and KAF are based on the needs assessment identified by the stakeholders. Furthermore, throughout the process of identifying the needs and priorities, PDMS have closely worked with both entities and has considered the recommendations provided by an OSCE-hired expert during 2019.
In order to achieve the program objective of this project, of ‘a sustainable, accountable and equitable security sector is able to fight crime, ensure public security and protect human rights’, and objectives of the project are met, PDMS will deliver a Training on examining electronic data on new model vehicles from 23 to 27 March 2020 for 20 KAF experts and KP officers from Directorate of Forensics.
The training will focus on:
- Role of vehicle electronic data examination in the investigation proceedings
- Software,diagnostic devices, specialized tests and electronic control systems relevant in the examination of on-board computers in new model vehicles
- Method and techniques used in vehicle electronic data extraction and examination
- Potential support from the manufacturers.
- Practical hands on modules in the training are encouraged and will be positively considered.
The objective of the training is to improve the skills and enhance the knowledge of the 20 KAF experts and KP officers from Directorate of Forensics on the software, diagnostic devices, and electronic control systems and techniques used to perform vehicle examination of the on-board computers in new model vehicles.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of PDMS, the international expert shall:
- Draft the training methodology and materials in consultation with PDMS and deliver final training agenda, video presentations, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises and case studies, a pre course evaluation test and a training evaluation questionnaire satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments and submit to the Chief of PDMS and in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- Conduct 5 (five) days training on examining electronic data on new model vehicles for 20 KAF experts and KP officers from Directorate of Forensics and assist them to cope with the challenges that they meet during the training;
- Provide advice on the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area to the PDMS;
- Produce the final consultancy report and recommendations for further action.
- By 12 March 2020 submit the draft proposal of an assessment methodology satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments, if applicable, to the Chief of PDMS in electronic form;
- By 16 March 2020 prepare the final assessment field work agenda satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments and submit to the Chief of PDMS and in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- From 23 to 27 March 2020, deliver the training on examining electronic data on new model vehicles for 20 KAF experts and KP officers from Directorate of Forensics;
- By 7 April 2020 submit to the Chief of PDMS the final consultancy report including assessment of the participants, the effectiveness of the training materials/methodology, recommendations for further action and the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area, etc.
- Final training plan, agenda, presentations, practical exercises, case studies and a training evaluation questionnaire submitted to the Chief of PDMS on time and according to the OSCE official templates;
- Training delivered as scheduled/planned in a requested format and as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- Positive feedback from the training participants (training evaluation questionnaire);
- The completed pre course evaluation test and the training evaluation questionnaire;
- The final consultancy report is submitted on time and of adequate quality as agreed with the Chief of PDMS.
- University degree in engineering, computer technology, electronics or other similar vocational qualification relevant to the topic or graduated from a recognised police academy or police college
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in the specific area of expertise
- At least three (3) years’ experience on conducting training
- Professional fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and demonstrated gender sensitivity
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under pressure and with limited periods.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE’s online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS