Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the International Head of Donor Development as remote worker in a country with Save the Children Member and SCI Regional Offices.
This is a newly created senior role as part of the Global Fundraising and Marketing Hub and is responsible for driving and supporting our ambition on global growth of Individual Giving (IG) with a priority on sustainable flexible income through Regular Giving at an optimal return on investment.
This role will lead on our global donor development strategies, ensuring that our retention and lifetime value strategies are optimized globally and that we seize market opportunities to drive income growth and product innovation in markets that present opportunity. This role will work collaboratively with other members of the Global Marketing and Fundraising Hub and alongside Heads of IG and donor development in member markets, acting as the senior global expert in IG donor development for Save the Children International.
The International Head of Donor Development is a senior expert in supporter retention and development, responsible for promoting best practice and innovation. They are also responsible for ensuring that at a strategic level, they are supporting members to make investments in fundraising programs that will drive lifetime value including through legacy giving and product mix.
A critical part of the role will be to guide and lead our strategic objectives for 2022-24: to develop a global portfolio of products and propositions for both Regular and Single Gift giving and to drive forward our ambition for significant growth in Legacy giving.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills from leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to success in the past.
- Significant experience in developing and leading successful, large scale, multi-channel individual giving programs, including extensive experience in regular giving in at least two national markets.
- Proven success in leading donor development programs and increasing the value of regular giving donor bases through activities such as upgrade, reactivation, winback and cross selling of single giving and legacy pledge asks. In particular we are looking for detailed channel experience in core channels for retention and legacy marketing including Telemarketing programs.
- Experience of managing agencies and suppliers, and working with specialist consultants, including in product or proposition development for fundraising audiences.
- Up to date knowledge of global individual giving and legacy marketing fundraising techniques, products and channels
- A strong understanding of business and financial planning, budgeting and budget management.
- Good project management skills, and proven ability to devise and operate to contingency plans where necessary.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to analyse marketing and financial data and produce effective management information.
- Experience of managing cross-functional project teams, consultants and agencies.
- Experience of managing and working in cross-organisational working groups with strong co-ordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an open-minded attitude.
- The ability to influence and motivate others and to foster collaboration; to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures, and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Experience of living and working for extended periods in countries with different cultures
- The ability to work in a second language. Ideally, this would be a language from one of our members
- Experience of working at an international level and working with multiple markets
We can offer circa £61,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 19 January 2021
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization