Terms of Reference
International Occupational Therapy Consultant
Project: Interdisciplinary rehabilitation services supporting children with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive (I-Thrive)
Position: Occupational Therapy Clinical Coach
Work place: Hospital of Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province, Vietnam.
Duration: 7 months.
Starting date: Tentatively from January 1, 2021.
Working hour per week: 40 hours.
Medical Committee Netherlands – Vietnam (MCNV) is a Netherland-based NGO founded in 1968 based on friendship and solidarity of Vietnamese and Dutch. Since then, all activities of MCNV are forwarding to the support to develop the programs, projects and the emergency aid in health care of the Vietnamese. During last 20 years MCNV has been supporting People with Disabilities focusing on Rehabilitation Service and Inclusion.
To contribute to filling the gaps of OT workforce and services at both provincial and district levels, MCNV has been cooperated with Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (UMP) to provide a 12-month course on Occupational Therapy (OT) in which Hue UMP sent to this training course two participants who are teachers working at Rehabilitation Department (called OT practitioners hereafter). The training course will end in December 2020. As planned, in the future Hue UMP will organize Continuing Medical Education (CME) course focusing on OT practice for some common heath conditions. The 2 OT practitioners are expected to provide basic OT clinical practice to CME’s participants. In order to help Hue UMP to implement this plan, MCNV will continue supporting Hue UMP to provide the 2 OT practitioners an extensive 9-month OT coaching, including 7 months for OT clinical practice, and 2 months for teaching methods. MCNV is looking for an international OT consultant to provide 7-month coaching on OT clinical practice for the 2 OT practitioners at Hue UMP Hospital.
SCOPE OF WORK
To provide 7-month OT coaching on clinical practice to 2 OT practitioners at Hue UMP Hospitals.
2. The OT consultant’s specific tasks
The consultant’s tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Work with MCVN to develop coaching plan including methodology and tools. The plan is expected to cover objectives, coaching contents/topics, clinical supervisor form, student assessment form, patient record, etc.
- Prepare coaching materials as needed. The materials may include lectures, assessment forms, references for the 2 OT practitioners.
- Conduct OT clinical coaching, hand-on training for the 2 OT practitioners at Hue UMP Hospital.
- Conduct assessment for the 2 OT practitioners, as needed.
- Provide assessment result sheets and report to MCNV and Hue UMP after finishing the coaching.
- Work at Rehabilitation Department, Hue UMP Hospital.
- Work closely with MCVN staff and Hue UMP’s Rehabilitation Department during coaching time.
- Comply with Hue UMP’s regulations applied for international teachers/foreigners (to be provided by Hue UMP).
- Comply with MCNV’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct at all times. MCNV’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct (to be attached to the contract).
3. Expected deliverables
- A coaching plan including necessary tools.
- Assessment result sheets for 2 OT practitioners.
- A final report on coaching completion.
Pre-requisite qualification: Master in Occupational Therapy.
- 3 years of clinical OT work in the hospital.
- Experience in OT clinical education.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment.
Benefits covered by MCNV:
- Net monthly salary: negotiable according to the consultant’s experience.
- Personal Income Tax as required by Vietnam Law.
- Accommodation with available internet.
- Health insurance.
- Visa fees.
- International flights: 1 return flight.
- Domestic flights: as many as required by MCNV.
- Taxi to and from the airports: for both international and domestic flights.
A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications should be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 25, 2020.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development