- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Remote | Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2022-01-12
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- Advise on technical, institutional, and organizational change through innovation in agricultural practices of beneficiary communities.
- Provide consultation in design of multi-actor agricultural innovation platforms (MAIP) along the selected value chains based on the survey and analysis as outlined in Concept Note on MAIP establishment developed by FAO;
- Provide consultation on value adding to the existing agri-food systems.
- Assist in promotion of interaction and access to knowledge.
- Promote technological and institutional learning.
- Provide advice on establishment of extension and advisory services that are flexible, user-driven, and focused on local problems.
- Assist in implementation of institutional innovations including new ways of organizing production, input management, marketing, or sharing common resources.
- Provide consultation on utilization of different dimensions of interaction and learning processes such as farmer to farmer, market actors to farmers, input suppliers to farmers, processors to farmers, public & private Extension and Advisory Services (EAS) to farmers in accordance with FAO-developed Concept Note on MAIP establishment to facilitate MAIP activities.
- Provide consultations on the establishment and facilitations of the MAIPs for the selected 6 value chains.
- Provide technical supports to promote innovation agendas identified in the MAIPs for the selected 6 value chains.
- Perform any other related duties and activities as required by the LTO and project manager
- University degree in relevant field, such as agronomy, agribusiness, agro-industry, food processing, agriculture, and marketing.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively responsible professional experience in agronomy, agribusiness, application of innovation, or provision of extension and advisory services.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong capabilities in formulating complex scopes of work.
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to take on assignments that require travel, mission and/or appointment to field locations.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN