Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
VN023 – International consultant to provide technical support to WHO Viet Nam in the area of risk communication, as well as in overall strategic communication activities.
Viet Nam has been committed to ensuring that its people are protected against COVID- from the beginning of this pandemic in 2020. The Government has proactively and effectively responded and controlled COVID-19 outbreaks in the last three waves.
Currently Viet Nam is facing the fourth wave of COVID-19 community transmissions. The Government has remained with their strong commitment in responding to this situation following three principles: (1) early detection and isolation, mass laboratory testing, and appropriate case management and prevention, in which the country greatly invested during the so-called, “peace time”; (2) strong leadership and vision and rapid mobilization of resources using whole-of-society approach; and (3) comprehensive and credible communications.
WHO has been supporting and closely working with the Government and partners to ensure that national counterparts continue to be prepared and proactively respond to this COVID-19 pandemic and also other public health emergencies. This includes in the area of risk communication, which at this time, more and more important, especially in the context of COVID-19 vaccine introduction, and in the overall promotion of a healthier Vietnamese society.
Routine risk communication capacity-building support to the country continues under the Government of Viet Nam-WHO cooperation agreement for 2020 – 2021, with programmatic and technical direction for the next biennium also now being discussed. Risk communication remains to be one of the priority areas of WHO support to the country.
In addition, WHO Viet Nam strives to bring forward communication for health (C4H) in line with regional priorities. Over the past months, the country office’s Communications Team has been providing strong support to ensure that strategic communications is an integral component of WHO Viet Nam’s work – either through standalone communication activities or as part of technical programmes.
With this in view, WHO Viet Nam is recruiting a short-term consultant under below terms of reference.
2. Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
Start date: 03 July 2021 End date: 17 December 2021
3. Work to be performed
Method(s) to carry out the activity
The contracting partner should produce outputs and deliverables specified below under the direct supervision of Coordinator, Disease Control-Health Emergencies Team, and guidance of the WHO Representative in Viet Nam.
Methods of collaboration include:
- Working closely with various Ministry of Health departments, other relevant government agencies, international partners and other teams within WHO to support/lead/co-lead the following activities:
- Preparedness for COVID-19 vaccine introduction
- Immunization-related communications for all vaccine-preventable diseases
- Building capacity to communicate on adverse events following immunization (AEFI)
- Working closely with the Ministry of Health in implementation of the remaining risk communication activities under the Viet Nam-WHO Programme Implementation Plan, 2020 – 2021 in line with the Master plan for health risk communication, 2020 – 2025, vision to 2030, and other government counterparts and partners’ requests for risk communication support
- Support MOH in the implementation of the DFC for a series of capacity development activities on communication for COVID-19.
- Support /lead/co-lead ongoing and future COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) activities, such as continuous COVID-19 preparedness and response capacity building for potential wider community transmission, acceleration of long-term work on embedding the “new normal” to Vietnamese society, in coordination with Viet Nam’s UN+2 COVID-19 RCCE subgroup composed of 10 United Nations organizations and other international partners
- Participation in WHO Viet Nam’s Health Emergencies’ Team activities:
- In support of continuous collective efforts to enhance country capacities for managing disease outbreaks and other public health emergencies under the International Health Regulations (IHR) (2005)
- In support to response to outbreaks and other public health emergencies in Viet Nam
- Coordinating and leading communication activities for WHO Viet Nam and in support to government counterparts and other partners in line with the region-wide initiative to advance C4H, including on:
- Strategically designing and implementing C4H interventions based on technical priorities
- Support implementation of the 2021 No-tobacco campaign for Viet Nam
- Developing communication materials for online and offline distribution
- Maintaining and improving the country office website and social media channels
- Developing, editing and/or revising country office communication materials, including, press releases, speeches, web stories, official letters, briefing notes, proposals, reports, and other write-ups
Output 1: Technical support, leadership and coordination provided on immunization-related communication activities
Deliverable 1.1: Communication materials and tools, including trainings, media talking points, briefing notes, social media materials, concept notes, communication plans, etc, on: (1) preparedness for COVID-19 vaccine introduction; and (2) all immunization-related communications for all vaccine-preventable diseases
Output 2: Technical support provided on the implementation of the remaining risk communication activities under the Viet Nam-WHO Programme Implementation Plan, 2020 – 2021 in line with the Master plan for health risk communication, 2020 – 2025, vision to 2030, and other government counterparts and partners’ requests for risk communication support
Deliverable 2.1: (1)Development and/or review of DFCs, reports, outputs, APWs, etc from activities being implemented with the Ministry of Health and partners; (2) acceleration of long-term work on embedding the “new normal” to Vietnamese society in line with the Government’s advancement of “safe coexistence with COVID-19”; and (3) initiatives of the UN+2 COVID-19 RCCE subgroup composed of 10 United Nations organizations and other international partners
Output 3: Technical support, leadership and coordination provided on the latest risk communication priority activities for COVID-19 preparedness and response and IHR (2005) capacity building as WHE team
Deliverable 3.1: (1) Communication materials and tools to support COVID-19 preparedness and response in Viet Nam, including media talking points, briefing notes, social media materials, concept notes, communication plans, etc; (2) continuous COVID-19 preparedness and response capacity building for potential wider community transmission; and (3) Tools for health emergency communication, including communication materials for public communication
Output 4: Strengthened capacity for C4H through coordination of communications work within the country office and in support to other areas within the Ministry of Health
Deliverable 4.1: Communication products, including videos, social media materials, web stories, press releases, feature articles, etc Deliverable 4.2: Communication campaign on Smoke-free Viet Nam Deliverable 4.3: Media talking points and briefing notes on various technical issues Deliverable 4.4: Review and provision of advice on DFCs and APWs with communication components; review of communication materials produced by the Ministry of Health under DFC and APW with WHO
4. Specific requirements
- University degree in communications, public relations, public health or related field from a recognized institution.
- Advanced training demonstrated in communications, public relations, media communication public health or related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in communications or public health related field.
- Work experience related to disease outbreaks and other public health emergencies.
- Work experience in international organizations and NGOs, preferably on health-related issues.
- Experience working with governments in Asia, especially in Viet Nam.
- Work experience or knowledge of policy development with the government an asset.
Skills/technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to produce simple graphics and audio-visual materials.
- Ability to draft contents for various audiences and channels.
- Excellent command of English; command of Vietnamese an asset.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Setting an example
6. Place of assignment
- Hanoi, Viet Nam
7. Medical clearance
- When needed, all travels will be arranged by WHO Viet Nam.
- UN rates for internationally recruited professionals will apply.
Please take note of the following when submitting application:
- The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
How to apply: Interested candidates can submit their applications together with most updated CVs on or before 31 May 2021 and should be addressed to:
World Health Organization
UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street,
Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank