TERMS OF REFERENCE
International (Vietnam-based) consultant to support the documentation of project communications productsBACKGROUND
Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We focus on only three sectors, Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and have a long-term, local presence in over 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of more than 1,300 staff is the backbone of SNV. Globally, SNV aims to mainstream gender in all programmes and projects.
SNV has maintained a country programme in Vietnam since 1995 and has supported the country throughout its incredible journey of socio-economic development and poverty reduction. Today, Vietnam has achieved lower middle income country status, however the benefits have not reached all and a considerable number of people in remote and marginal areas have effectively been left behind. SNV Vietnam’s programme thus continues to play an important role in promoting socially inclusive development, including several projects promoting women’s economic empowerment, particularly in agricultural value chains.
Two of these projects, the Enhancing Economic Opportunities for Women-led Enterprises (EOWE) funded by DGIS, and the Women’s Empowerment in Agricultural Value-chains (WEAVE) funded by DFAT are drawing to a close. Therefore, SNV Vietnam seeks the services of a qualified international (Vietnam-based) consultant to support the consolidation and documentation of experiences and lessons learned from these two projects and development/finalisation of a range of related communications and knowledge products.OBJECTIVES
The overall objective is:
To support the consolidation and documentation of experiences and lessons learned from two SNV Women’s Economic Empowerment in Agricultural Value-chains projects and development/finalisation of a range of related communications and knowledge products.TASKS
- Conduct an inception planning meeting with relevant SNV project managers, communications officer and other staff to understand audiences, key messages, styles of communications/knowledge management outputs required.
- Develop a simple work plan for the assignment
- Review, edit and improve existing case studies and other brief/short products such as project flyers, brochures as professional outputs
- Review project information/reports and conduct interviews with project staff (of FLOW and WEAVE) for the drafting three project summary reports 6-10 pages (each) and key communication knowledge publications)
- Advise and guide SNV’s communication officer to collect additional documentation/information from project partners and beneficiaries in the field as necessary
- Advise and support SNV to develop a 2-page brief that summarises and brings together SNV Viet Nam’s knowledge and experience on ‘Gender & climate change’.
- Finalise all above products (including provision of advice on design, photo selection etc.)
The consultant is expected to have the following profile:
- MSc/MA in international development, gender studies or other relevant qualification, and at least 10 years of relevant experience in the international development sector.
- Specific expertise on gender-related issues and demonstrable experience in Viet Nam
- Knowledge and understanding of women’s economic empowerment in agriculture and climate-gender linkages
- Demonstrable ability to produce similar high quality communications outputs
The work specified in this term of reference is expected to be completed within a period of four weeks (September - October 2020).DELIVERABLES
- Work Plan
- Finalised existing brief communications products
- Two project summary reports 6-10 pages (each) and key communication knowledge publications
- 01 two-page Gender & Climate brief
All deliverables submitted in English.APPLICATION
Please submit the proposals by 18 September 2020 following the link
The proposal includes:
- 02 Samples of similar documentation products
- Fee rate
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/06/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
12/07/2021Preferred by Nature
30/06/2021Pacific Links Foundation