LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) to twelve (12) months
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking 18 – 20 (eighteen – twenty) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION: The PAS Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the American Center to include greeting patrons and ensuring that they adhere to the Center regulations; re-shelving books, magazines and DVDs; assisting in inventorying American Center (AC) and EducationUSA (EdUSA) collection and maintaining client database. Interns will also support programs, events, educational outreach, Facebook and other social media activities, promote AC/EdUSA products and activities and other administrative tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. The majority of duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center go to https://vn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/american-center-hcmc/.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in Vietnam.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good command of both spoken and written English is required (This may be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning Foreign National Student Intern Program (FSNIP).
3. Familiarity with the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center is preferred.
4. Experience with demonstrated audio-visual, coding, 3D-printing, graphic design, film, social media, computer or photography skills is preferred. SENSITIVE BUT UNCLASSIFIED
5. If selected, the student must be able to obtain and hold the medical and security certification from the Consulate.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
❖ The intern will NOT be considered as a Federal employee.
❖ There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
❖ There will be NO compensation or payment.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for the FNSIP, each applicant must submit the following:
1. Statement of interest (Attached)
2. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
3. Official transcripts illustrating good academic standing.
4. Written permission from the educational institution.
5. A copy of ID card and student card.
6. Any additional documents (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
WHERE TO APPLY: Human Resources Office E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov with the title: [U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City – 2020 07] PAS Student Internship – Fullname
Deadline for Application: 10/08/2020
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/08/2020Save the Children
17/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
10/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020US Embassy Hanoi
17/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)
31/08/2020Center of Rural Economic Development
18/08/2020European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
07/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020Vietnam Youth Alliance
National Expert (Team Leader) for Development of Standard Operating Procedure for Providing Supports to Overseas Vietnamese Victims of Trafficking and Survivors of Violence and HarassmentUN Women Vietnam
05/08/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
08/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)