UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Purpose of the assignment
The Division of Public Partnerships (PPD) works to strengthen UNICEF’s position as a partner of choice for children’s right among governments and public actors around the world. The intern will acquire direct practical experience in PPD Tokyo’s work and the United Nations system by supporting the office’s research and administrative tasks relating to resource mobilisation with the Government of Japan or advocacy, communication and visibility activities, under general guidance of the supervisor (Senior Advisor or Public Partnership Specialist).
Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor, PPD Tokyo, the intern will
- Support the review and analysis of donor proposals and reports by UNICEF Country Offices
- Support a series of analyses of Japan’s ODA for children
- Support translation, report writing, preparation for any Japan-related presentation materials
- Provide logistics and administrative support for advocacy events and/or meetings, particularly relating to Japan-UNICEF Annual Consultation
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
2. Communication and Advocacy
Under the supervision of the Public Partnership Specialist, PPD Tokyo, the intern will
- Assist the Team’s efforts to enhance donor visibility and UNICEF’s advocacy messages by gathering and organising information for key counterparts and media
- Update and improve the Tokyo office’s web site and social media accounts as necessary
- Assist the team in translating UNICEF messages, press releases and other publications
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Duration of assignment: Between January – December 2021 (more than 2 months, up to 6 months)
Duty station is Tokyo, Japan.
Qualifications of successful candidates:
- Currently enrolled in a university or a graduate school or those who graduated from schools within two years. Professional experiences are desirable.
- Available for work in the office at least 3-4 days per week for 2-6 months.
- Interested in child rights, child protection, education, health, nutrition, water and sanitation, gender and so on.
- Experience and/or knowledge on international cooperation as well as humanitarian and development assistance.
- [Fundraising] Working experience in project formulation/report writing are desirable.
[Communication and Advocacy] Experience in public relations and/or event management is an asset.
- A high level of proficiency in both written and oral languages of English and Japanese is required.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Payment of stipend: PPD Tokyo will provide a lump sum of JPY 5,500/ day, inclusive of transport costs.
Work modality: Depending on the COVID-19 situation in the duty station, interns may be asked to work from home.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to apply through this online system by 1 December 2020. When you apply, please attach your CV (both in English and Japanese) and a cover letter in English to state the majors/areas of your study and the reason for application.
In your application, please also specify which function you are interested in: [1. Fundraising] or [2. Communication and Advocacy] (or both 1. & 2.); and when and how often you are available for work during the proposed time frame (January – December 2021).
Only qualified applicants will be short-listed and notified for further screening and interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Deadline: 1/12/2020 Tokyo Standard Time
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/536106/internship-ppd-tokyo-japan
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)