UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope…
UNICEF Seoul Liaison Office leads the overall development, formulation, conception and management of UNICEF’s partnership with the government of the Republic of Korea. This includes constant positioning of UNICEF as a partner of choice, relationship management, resource mobilization, horizontal cooperation, and child rights and ODA advocacy. The Office also manages partnerships with the Korean Parliamentarian Friends of UNICEF and engages in child rights advocacy and policy dialogues.
UNICEF Seoul Liaison Office works closely with the Korean Committee for UNICEF (KCU) which leads in fundraising from individuals and the private sector, the Child-Friendly Cities Initiative, and child rights advocacy in the Republic of Korea.
How can you make a difference?
The UNICEF Internship Programme at UNICEF Seoul Liaison Office (Seoul Global Center, 38 Jongro, Jongro-gu) offers qualified and eligible students the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Work assignment and Qualifications: Under supervision of the Public Partnerships Specialist and/or the Communication Associate, the intern will undertake the following activities:
Learn by monitoring and updating of the website;
Learn by assisting Press and media monitoring;
Learn by providing assistance to analyze the Government of the Republic of Korea’s ODA policies and trends;
Learn through preparation and translation (Korean/English) of resource materials and reports;
Learn by performing other tasks requested by the supervisor and the Office.
Duration: Full time: 10 Dec 2020 to 9 June 2021 (5 days per week, 7 hours per day)
Work Conditions: A monthly stipend will be paid by UNICEF. Interns must fund themselves for their travel to the duty station, their accommodations and living expenses at the duty station during the internship. UNICEF will not be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the intern’s service, whether on or off UNICEF premises. Therefore, the selected candidatemust provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan prior to start of his/her work. If accepted, the intern will be required to provide a copy of health insurance coverage and to fill out the relevant UNICEF forms on conditions regarding service as an intern.
Interns are personally responsible for obtaining the necessary visa covering the entire period of the internship.
There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will …
- be enrolled in a post-graduate university degree in the area of international development/affairs/relations, public administration, business administration, communication, or other related social sciences, or have graduated with the past two years.
- be available for work in the office for 5 days per week (7 hours per day). have strong research, analytical, coordination, planning, and communications skills.
- be proficient in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint;
- have the ability to work with people with different backgrounds, including different cultures, gender, religions, races, nationalities and ages etc.
- have strong interest in and knowledge of child rights, child protection,education, health, nutrition, international development cooperation and gender equality.
- have fluency in English and Korean (written and oral). Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover Letter (in English) outlining: i) reason for application, ii) areas of interest (related to graduate courses)
- CV (English)
- CV (Korean)
- Writing Sample (max. 5pages)
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its’ workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference andbackground checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standardsand principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the nextstage of the selection process.
NOTE: Anticipated final selection announcement and the start date: 10 December 2020
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/536053
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
08/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)