RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF NATIONAL INTERNSHIP
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralized management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff, working on Agriculture and Renewable Energy projects, with a particular focus on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation and Gender Equality. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi, with branch offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Dalat and implements projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
In spite of these ongoing needs, as Vietnam has achieved middle income country status, many bilateral and multilateral donors and development agencies have significantly reduced their grant funding to Vietnam, and instead prioritise other poorer and more fragile nation states. This presents a challenging scenario for a development organization that is completely funded by projects. SNV is thus overall, but especially in MICs such as Vietnam, in a process of rapidly transitioning towards a hybrid finance model. This means SNV will continue to secure funds from traditional development agencies/donors (where it is available) meanwhile increasing the proportion of our project portfolio and revenues from various other funding streams, including through the tender market, providing services to private sector partners, climate and impact investment funds to forge a new and exciting pathway for the organization. SNV Vietnam is therefore seeking a dynamic and motivated Business Development Intern to help support us with this transition.
The overall objective is to support SNV Vietnam transition to a hybrid-financed development organization.
The Business Development Intern will be expected to support the Business Development Officer (BDO) and the SNV Vietnam office overall with various important business development/fundraising tasks, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Conducting market research on potential clients, donors/development agencies, climate/impact investment funds – their country programmes, funding priorities, funding mechanisms, eligibility requirements to identify broad and strategic opportunities to focus business development/fundraising efforts. Prepare outline reports and advise SNV Country Management Team accordingly.
- Conduct research to identify suitable partners for particular market sectors
- Conduct regular tracking of specific identified business development/fundraising opportunities
- Support the BDO with the organization of responses to tender market opportunities and fund-raising calls
- Support the preparation of project proposals, bids and tenders, as required (mainly preparation of administrative documents, organisational profile and experience aspects, as well as checking of submission requirements).
- Help organize and participate in meetings with clients, donors and potential partners relating to identified strategic business development priority areas or specific opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of business development and marketing materials as required.
- Under indicative guidance from the Country Management Team/BDO, develop a user-friendly Consultant CV database and reorganise CVs by thematic areas to enable efficient identification of suitable individuals for projects and tender opportunities.
- Develop requests for services adverts, process enquiries and CVs from external experts and add CVs to database. Develop a system for regularly updating Consultants’ CVs as well as their consent for SNV to maintain their information in accordance with the EU Data Protection Act.
- Other relevant business development/fundraising tasks, as may be required.
- BSc in Business Studies, Development Studies
- Knowledge of overseas development assistance (ODA) sector and/or climate finance, impact investment etc is highly desirable
- A dynamic individual with a passion for socially equitable, inclusive and sustainable development
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams with international and Vietnamese colleagues
- Standard IT Skills: Ability to use typical Microsoft Office programmes, internet, email etc.
- Fluent or good working/professional English and Vietnamese language ability
Duration of assignment: The internship is expected to be for a period of six months (June-December 2020).
Reporting: the position will report to BD officer
How to apply: Please send your application letter and CV to this LINK, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package by 05:00pm, 8th May 2020.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)